X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers
  • 5th July 11, 05:07 PM
    warmcanofcoke
    I need help to identify a tartan worn on Doctor Who: Jamie McCrimmon's Tartan
  • 5th July 11, 08:49 PM
    madmacs
    Hey that's jack sugden... My first dr who was tom baker really... Yhe ones prior to that were reruns...

This thread might answer the tartan Q though...

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...or-whom-27028/
  • 5th July 11, 10:42 PM
    Morris at Heathfield
    I would guess it was the MacDonell of Keppoch tartan. Alas, there was no recognized MacCrimmon tartan until relatively recently, although being hereditary pipers to the MacLeods, the MacCrimmons would likely have chosen to wear the MacLeod of Harris tartan since the adoption of clan tartans.
  • 6th July 11, 12:28 AM
    McClef
    Quote:

Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    Hey that's jack sugden... My first dr who was tom baker really... Yhe ones prior to that were reruns...

This thread might answer the tartan Q though...

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...or-whom-27028/

No Jack was his brother - he was Joe Sugden.
  • 6th July 11, 04:32 AM
    madmacs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McClef View Post
    No Jack was his brother - he was Joe Sugden.

You are sir correct... it's been a long time since i've had the opportunity to watch, though i think joe had been written out already and the Dingles were taking over everything...
  • 6th July 11, 05:15 AM
    M. A. C. Newsome
    Interesting, my first thought was Maxwell, though MacDonald of Keppoch is another good suggestion. After looking closely, though, I don't think it is either. Not sure what it is.
  • 6th July 11, 05:34 AM
    warmcanofcoke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by M. A. C. Newsome View Post
    Interesting, my first thought was Maxwell, though MacDonald of Keppoch is another good suggestion. After looking closely, though, I don't think it is either. Not sure what it is.

I did a search on line after you suggested it might be Maxwell. And came up with this.
    http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/p...on/Maxwell.jpg

It is so close I think Maxwell is a strong possibility.
  • 6th July 11, 05:34 AM
    Tartan Tess
    As a side note to any "Outlander" book fans; Jamie McCrimmon from Doctor Who was Diana Galbaldon's inspiration for her Jamie Fraser character.
  • 6th July 11, 06:03 AM
    madmacs
    Was originally diacussed in 2007... The following was posted by Arlen

" My sister kindly checked online as she's a big Doctor who fan. Apparently it was made specifically for the BBC, but it's a mix of California tartan and the Logan tartan. Was made for the producer by a friend to celebrate his scottish roots and 40th birthday.

You could probably get away with the Logan modern tartan which is close..."
  • 6th July 11, 06:04 AM
    Galician
    If he was from the 17th century, why did he never wear flashes? :shock:

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!