X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grandfather lineup 2009

I know the ongoing debate concerning Grandfather (cost, logistics, attitude,etc.) but I also know that after attending many events over the last few years, few places come close to having the magic that being on the mountain delivers. Any event has its downside, at the end of the day I feel the good outweighs the bad at Grandfather

Having said that, on behalf of Celtic Force Enterprises and the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games I'd like to announce the 2009 lineup, which is one of the strongest we've had since starting the Groves.

Things will be moved around a bit this year but here is where you can find folks: Grove 1-Ed Miller & Friends, Teribus, Clandestine (Yes, that Clandestine, 3 of the 4 original members return). Grove 2-Barleyjuice, Coyote Run, Albannach, Scythian Grove 3-Blessed Blend, Celtic Connection, David Ross

If you decide not to come to Grandfather this year, I doubt it will be because of the music.

Slainte,
    Donovan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grandfather Mountain, NC?

Could you please give me more info regarding activities at Grandfather Mountain, NC. Please include all of the dates.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecelticforce View Post
    I know the ongoing debate concerning Grandfather (cost, logistics, attitude,etc.) but I also know that after attending many events over the last few years, few places come close to having the magic that being on the mountain delivers. Any event has its downside, at the end of the day I feel the good outweighs the bad at Grandfather

Having said that, on behalf of Celtic Force Enterprises and the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games I'd like to announce the 2009 lineup, which is one of the strongest we've had since starting the Groves.

Things will be moved around a bit this year but here is where you can find folks: Grove 1-Ed Miller & Friends, Teribus, Clandestine (Yes, that Clandestine, 3 of the 4 original members return). Grove 2-Barleyjuice, Coyote Run, Albannach, Scythian Grove 3-Blessed Blend, Celtic Connection, David Ross

If you decide not to come to Grandfather this year, I doubt it will be because of the music.

Slainte,
    Donovan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.gmhg.org

Matt H.
    Insperata Floruit! - Flourished Unexpectedly!

KABOOM; Kilted Christians; Kilted In Carolina; Matt Newsome Kilt Owners Group; R Kilts are Awesome; SEKS - The Great Southeastern Kilt Society; The Order of the Dandelion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The music is always great, and I plan on going.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecelticforce View Post
    If you decide not to come to Grandfather this year, I doubt it will be because of the music. Slainte, Donovan
    Right, I'm going to Scotland! But, I'll catch your show in Williamsburg in October!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's a little pricey but my year wouldn't be complete without the annual Grandfather gathering. Hopefully no hospital trips this year!
    but.....
    You gotta do what you gotta do.