X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great! It sure looks like you put a lot of research into it. It might be instructive for the forum to share/cite your research. Thanks for sharing your great photos.
    --rob
    --------
    Here's a bottle and an honest friend!
    What wad ye wish for mair, man?
    —Robert Burns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted_brewer View Post
    That's great! It sure looks like you put a lot of research into it. It might be instructive for the forum to share/cite your research. Thanks for sharing your great photos.
    I owe a lot of thanks to 79thReproductions. She was an incredible resource.
    so was our own OC Richard. he had a wonderful uniform, on his Web site, as well as a nice concise history

I have a slew of bookmarks and most of the reference photos have been posted in this Thread as well as more of the back story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only advice, as a fellow re-enactor (7th NJ Field Hospital) is that the ends of the NCO sash should be behind the left hip, as per the regs, and they should be coming out from the top of the belt, not from under the belt. I also would acquire an NCO sword, with the correct shoulder belt, when time/money allows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slag101 View Post
    My only advice, as a fellow re-enactor (7th NJ Field Hospital) is that the ends of the NCO sash should be behind the left hip, as per the regs, and they should be coming out from the top of the belt, not from under the belt. I also would acquire an NCO sword, with the correct shoulder belt, when time/money allows
    We where having a bit of trouble with the sash, and as for the sword, My dad gifted me a matching set of Dirk and sgain duhb. Not exactly regulation, but i wore in my uniform as it was givin to me that evening.

Is there a simple way to tie the sash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, there is no simple one person way to do it. With a second person, have them wrap it around you, cross the ends (sort of like the first step in a granny knot, without completing the knot). Cinch it tight, but comfortable. Have the other person hold the ends up, while you put on your belt. The ends should have a loop under the belt, and then the rest of the ends should hang over the belt. I hope this makes sense. I will try to download a picture of myself in uniform that you can see my sash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more portly than you, and my sash is a little more forward than I would like it, but hey, it was a long day, and I must have readjusted it about ten times by the time this picture was taken. I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slag101 View Post

I am more portly than you, and my sash is a little more forward than I would like it, but hey, it was a long day, and I must have readjusted it about ten times by the time this picture was taken. I hope this helps.
    Pic didnt come up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seeing the pic right now as I am looking at it. It is there. Maybe it won't load on your computer? Give me your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slag101--pic did not load, link is not in your post. Kilted Rogue--excellent job, great results. The refinements will come. Reenacting involves continuous research, and refinement of your impression over time. Enjoy what you have already achieved, which is considerable. Welcome to the hobby--I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I have...
    "Before two notes of the theme were played, Colin knew it was Patrick Mor MacCrimmon's 'Lament for the Children'...Sad seven times--ah, Patrick MacCrimmon of the seven dead sons....'It's a hard tune, that', said old Angus. Hard on the piper; hard on them all; hard on the world." Butcher's Broom, by Neil Gunn, 1994 Walker & Co, NY, p. 397-8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Slag101--pic did not load, link is not in your post. Kilted Rogue--excellent job, great results. The refinements will come. Reenacting involves continuous research, and refinement of your impression over time. Enjoy what you have already achieved, which is considerable. Welcome to the hobby--I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I have...
    he emailed me said photo and such.
    Thank you for the encouragement!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast