X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom

So sorry about this my friends, but I am running into the most annoying technical problems. I have taken several more photos, although not as many as I would have liked due to the weather and my current physical limitations. These have been successfully stored on my PC however either my Broadband link is so slow (which is the most likely cause) or my PC is at fault (unlikely) that I am unable to get any of them on to my Photobucket album - the link constantly times-out before I can get into Photobucket. I believe it is the Broadband link as it is notoriously slow (we're told we will be given a fibre-optic installation next year to improve matters!).

I will, of course, keep trying but as you know without that intermediate stage I am unable to post more images here. Believe me, I deeply regret this situation.

In accordance with Steve's wishes that the Quaich follows a westward route, I will be forwarding it to its next port of call (due west of Storrington), which will become obvious following its arrival. there.

Steve, if I am able to overcome this in the near future, I will post the images but, of course, they will appear out of sequence - sincerest apologies to you and to all.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

CopperNGold is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These technical difficulties are a pain, aren't they? I know all of us look forward to more photos, but more importantly, it was great to see you up and kilted from the famous Kollection.

Your first photo was priceless!

Cheers,

Jocelyn

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ham

If you still have room in your personal Albums here at Xmarks you might try uploading the pics into a new sub-album there, then using that image address to import them into your post. Once you get your photobucket issues cleared up you can always go back and edit the original post and change over to the photobucket image address, thereby allowing you to clear them from your personal album here (should you so desire) but keeping them in the thread for all time's posterity.

If this sounds confusing but you want to try let me know and I will PM you a step by step set of instructions with more detail.

Jeff

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ham
    You have my email, if you send me the photos I will put them on my photobucket account and post them here.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks everyone for your very kind personal comments, suggestions and offers of help with my Broadband problems. I'll simply say that I feel good most of the time, but appearances can be deceptive, and there are 'limitations' and 'inconveniences' to be endured! I am now convinced that the techie problems ARE Broadband based and therefore beyond all our control.

However, probably because it's the weekend and internet traffic is reduced, I have managed to get some more images into my Photobucket albums, although it took all afternoon to do so! I have also posted a number of new images here in Derek's Welsh Scarf thread so, even if I have to stay up all night (!), I'm going to attempt something similar here.

Watch this space.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rare oppotunity to visit The Kilt Kollection. This section is in Kilt Vault One:

Getting up and close with The Kollection in Kilt Vault Two:

St Andrews Day, and here we are toasting the Saltire as it hung limply (where were the stong winds we were promised?) over Sundial Court at Bicknell Grange:

More shortly.

Take care,
    Ham.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a quick visit to my favourite Garden Centre near Storrington, we were joined by Derek's Welsh Scarf which was also there to take in the Christmas Decoration area:

Back at Bicknell Grange, we returned to the Sundial Court where it seemed appropriate for The Quaich to do its own sundial pose .......

........ before being joined by your truly:

A pose on the oft photographed steps between the Sundial Court and the South Lawn could not be avoided:

On Saturday, my old friend Dave W. dropped in and so we toasted each other with a dram or two of blended Old Grouse:

After Dave had departed The Grange and I was once more alone with The Quaich, I brought out the much more palatable Tamdhu malt and drank a toast to X Marks and her(?) members worldwide.

OK. Now I'm off to bed!

Take care,
    Ham.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Splendid Hamish, that photo of you, the quaich and the pleat shot at the sundial will go down in the annals of Xmarks history. Thanks for all the photos.
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have wonderful gardens Hamish and a great setting for The Quaich.
    Thanks for the pictures and I know how much time and effort you have put into taking and posting them. A well deserved dram
    Chris.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamish, you are looking well my friend, and it is wonderful to see so. It was a grand hosting you have provided to the quaich and the scarf, indeed. I am sure I speak for the whole forum in saying that your efforts at photo-ing and posting those photos are greatly appreciated. Truly an epic visit to one of the kilt Mecca's and our senior kilt guru well done and well recorded.

jeff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast