X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even weirder 2

[QUOTE=ForresterModern;1080662][QUOTE]

Even weirder now--re-entered Forum and got beautiful full forum page, then clicked "What's new" and got full forum page except for all the thread titles again cut in half, and on top of that not all the recently added posts were there, particularly my first "even weirder now" post above posted several minutes ago and which should have been at or near the top but was not even listed on the first page. Went to my "Weird" thread via Forum categories and clicked on my particular thread which would not open, instead giving me three more error messages. backed up to the forum categories and Tech Questions and found my thread listeed there (in outline form) and accessed it that way and it also brought up 4 error messages then opened in outline format. Opened my most recent post and again could not reply except with quote.

I am signing off for a while to give you guys at least a few hours of peace from me and hopefully things will be somewhat better when I log in from home tonite. Y'all have fun---got yer tool box handy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been experiencing the same problems!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing in Chrome on XP

Member - X Marks Honor Roll
    Former House Chairman/Forum Advocate

Reston, Virginia, USA (Suburban Washington, DC)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For two days I got the not logged in thing but today I WAS logged in already when I pulled up the site. IE8 on Win7.
    Last edited by starbkjrus; 30th March 12 at 10:23 AM.
    Dee

Ferret ad astra virtus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Google Chrome and having the same problem. PLUS, the whole site looks tacky like an amateur designed it. Also, having problems navigating around.
    B.D. Marshall
    Texas Convener for Clan Keith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some additional infos:
    I checked 3 browsers, which I didn't use for the forum so far. The results are always the same.
    The browsers are Chrome (Mac), Chromium (Mac), Iceweasel (aka Firefox) on Debian Linux (Squeeze)

I went to www.xmarksthescot.com entered my login data and got redirected to the same URL and was not logged in.
    Then I went to www.xmarksthescot.com/forum and was logged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Weeelll - once I was walking along the row of shops near us and passed a young couple, she was wearing a narrow strip of denim for a skirt and a couple of handkerchieves worth of fabric for a blouse and it was losing the fight to stay closed - I was almost out of earshot when he enquired 'why doesn't your skirt move like that?' Anne the Pleater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same with Opera (Mac & Linux)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Weeelll - once I was walking along the row of shops near us and passed a young couple, she was wearing a narrow strip of denim for a skirt and a couple of handkerchieves worth of fabric for a blouse and it was losing the fight to stay closed - I was almost out of earshot when he enquired 'why doesn't your skirt move like that?' Anne the Pleater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with IE9 on Win7
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting this error with Google Chrome and Windows 7.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New weirdness. IE8 in Windows 7 environment. Followed the directions to clear cookies and then entered the site by typing in the proper address as described, and reached the login page. Logged in, password, and checked the "remember me" box, was briefly shown the "thank you for logging in forrestermodern" page then reverted spontaneously back to the login page, but did not appear to list me as still being logged in. After repeating this a few times I just tried after logging in and returning tothe login page to click the Forum button, and got the full forum, logged in and all. Weird that the successful login would acknowledge my login then redirect me to login again, in a vicious cycle, only to find that I was still logged in but that the login page did not show it.

Good news is no half thread titles anymore at least. And the What's New button seems to work again. Yahoo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast