X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto Tartan Tuesday - March 2015 edition!

Hey xmarkers! Are you in driving distance of Toronto? If so, strap on your kilt or pin on your tartan and join us on Tuesday, March 3rd at The Caledonian Pub!

This event was founded by myself and fellow xmarks member McMurdo and is always a great time. The whisky selection at The Caledonian is second to none and the menu is outstanding. With a month notice, let's try to make this the biggest one yet!

FAQs:
    What are Tartan Tuesdays?
    - Tartan Tuesdays are a chance to strap on your kilt or other tartan item and socialize at a fantastic Scottish pub in Toronto on the first Tuesday of each month.
    Do I need a kilt?
    - You don't need one but if you have one, wear it. If all you have is a tartan scarf or tie, wear that. The point is to display your tartan proudly and have fun.
    What do ladies wear?
    - Anything tartan that they like.
    Is there a cover charge?
    - No! Just pay for your own food and drinks and enjoy!
    What if I'm not Scottish?
    - It's Tartan Tuesday! Most of us enjoy Highland culture and fine whisky but you don't have to be Scottish to appreciate these things! You don't even have to drink if that's not your thing, but I'm sure the Caledonian would appreciate if you bought something!
    Do I really need to RSVP?
    - Please do! We like to reserve seating in advance, so it helps us make your experience more comfortable!

7 pm - March 3rd
    The Caledonian
    856 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M6H1A2

(At College and Ossington) Ample street parking available!
    Natan Easbaig Mac Dhòmhnaill, FSA Scot
    Past High Commissioner, Clan Donald Canada
    “Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland, And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.” - The Canadian Boat Song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nathan,
    Not March, but my wife and I are looking to visit again in April. Hope this is not a problem.
    Look forward to seeing everyone then.

Ryan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Fast Ferry had not gone bust I could be there. Have fun!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ryan,

You are most welcome to visit for the April 7th edition! I should also mention that the May 5th edition is the one year anniversary of the series, so hopefully that will draw some people out.

N
    “Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland, And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.” - The Canadian Boat Song.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Nathan For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the photo from this past Tuesday the February edition, as it has been a soggy wet snowy mess in Toronto of late there were only the 4 of us that made it out.

7. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that this thread should have been titled Toronto Tartan Tuesday - February 2015 edition.

However, since the first Tuesday of March is also the 3rd, perhaps you can let is stand for next month also.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchwiz View Post
    I believe that this thread should have been titled Toronto Tartan Tuesday - February 2015 edition.

However, since the first Tuesday of March is also the 3rd, perhaps you can let is stand for next month also.
    No, this thread is meant to promote the next Tartan Tuesday which is scheduled for March 3rd. You'll note that I posted it on Wed, Feb 4th in the hopes that with a whole month of promo, we'll get back to the strong crowds we are used to, notwithstanding the winter weather.

I assume Glen just shared the photos from this past Tuesday to give people an idea of what the event is like and because it is a relevant photo to the thread.

Are you thinking of making the trek from Owen Sound?

Anyone who is planning to join us, please RSVP in this thread.

Slainte,

Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan; 6th February 15 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for not paying attention to the details, Nathan.

Ooooh, I would LOVE to attend, however I doubt that I can spread myself out that much this winter. I have sister who lives in TO that I haven't seen since Thanksgiving - thank goodness for the telephone. She has said when I do come down for a Tartan Tuesday, that I need to stay with her for lots of tea and talk the next day. Soon I hope...

I have way too many things happening and everything seems to come at once. My body has been telling me to slow down and I didn't listen...so it made me. I picked up a bug in the hospital at the beginning of December. I've had bronchitis/pneumonia for the first time in my life & Christmas/New Years was the quietest ever. I still haven't beat it. Now my husband has overextended himself and he is hospital with pneumonia, too. We both need to slow down and pay attention to our bodies. When the body says 'uncle', stop and rest; everything else can wait.

We need to take better care of ourselves so that we can do everything that we want. We think we can do everything that we did when we were in our twenties, and we can! - but just a little slower. My problem was that I tried to maintain the same pace when extra things landed on my plate, and my body said - enough. I didn't listen and so I got sick. Now I'm walking the talk, and looking after myself, so that I can do all the wonderful things that I want to do.

The one gift we now have is a new addition to the family. While my husband was being admitted through Emergency the other morning, our step-grandson's wife was in Labour and Delivery. We have a brand new 1st great-grand-daughter! 3 weeks early but 6 pounds of absolute perfection! We won't be seeing her in person until we are both completely healthy - but I can see her through the window and she is beautiful! No prejudice here, eh!

I will raise a glass to you and the rabble on the next Tartan Tuesday, Nathan. I have thought of you often on Tartan Tuesdays the last few months. I will let you know when I'm making the trek. Will probably be in the spring. I'm getting ready for a trip to Europe Mar/April so the earliest one I could attend would be May. It's on the calendar so I'm hoping it will work out...
    Stay safe and good health to you all.