X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Revamped Website!

We haven't made the official "announcement" yet, but we've tweaked our website and added some new features. If you have a few minutes to check for bugs, please let me know if you find anything: https://www.usakilts.com/

One of the coolest features (in my opinion) we came up with was allowing people to search the site based on clan / tartan name & we show the results of products / tartans / clan crest items on one plane! Example: Buchanan - https://www.usakilts.com/advancedsea...lt/?q=buchanan

We're also focusing stronger on our company 'why'... to preserve the heritage for future generations and to sell quality items from Celtic artisans.

If you find any bugs / glitches / spelling errors / etc on the site, please let me know by emailing them to me: rocky@usakilts.com

Thanks!

2. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the new advanced search by clan feature, except I cannot figure out how to put it to effect when visiting the home page directly. I can only manipulate the search from the 'buchanan' example link you provided here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javankrona View Post
    I like the new advanced search by clan feature, except I cannot figure out how to put it to effect when visiting the home page directly. I can only manipulate the search from the 'buchanan' example link you provided here.
    If you use the main site search (center page under logo) and search for Buchanan, you'll get the same search results page I linked to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    If you use the main site search (center page under logo) and search for Buchanan, you'll get the same search results page I linked to.
    I do not see a 'search' button, must be an iPhone issue. I'll look again later using a desktop.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javankrona View Post
    I do not see a 'search' button, must be an iPhone issue. I'll look again later using a desktop.
    Should be up top to the left of our logo by the Menu "3 lines" icon. When you press the spyglass the search box will appear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky, I am having the same issue on my iPad. I can see the spyglass, but nothing happens when I click on it. I haven't looked on a desktop yet, so this may be a mobile device compatibility issue.

Rob

Should be up top to the left of our logo by the Menu "3 lines" icon. When you press the spyglass the search box will appear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for helping us sniff out a bug! It appears to only be an issue for Apple devices. I sent it to our developers to look into further.

You guys are awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to to help out - I led the development of a website once, and know how useful it is to have other sets of eyes to look for bugs and glitches.

I love the idea of being able to search for products by tartan though - the site is looking good.

Rob

Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for helping us sniff out a bug! It appears to only be an issue for Apple devices. I sent it to our developers to look into further.

You guys are awesome!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalesLax View Post
    Glad to to help out - I led the development of a website once, and know how useful it is to have other sets of eyes to look for bugs and glitches.

I love the idea of being able to search for products by tartan though - the site is looking good.

Rob
    We've actually HAD the ability to shop by tartan for a while, but it was never combined with the site search (you had to go into the tartan area to search for it). We noticed that a lot of our MAIN SITE search queries were for tartans / names, so we just combined the results pages.

Looking for and catching EVERY bug when it's just you and 2 others doing the 'hunting' is very difficult. I'm happy to have so many friends and customers up here (and on FB) who have helped nail a few bugs that went unnoticed.