X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Kilt Society (with an exclusive special offer!)

We launched Kilt Society just over a year ago so it's about time I properly introduce it here!

Some of you may remember us as Macdonald Sporrans or buyakilt.com, we're the same people but Kilt Society is the kilt store that I always dreamed of having.

When you start a business as a student from your bedroom, you don't always have a grand master plan and you don't know what it will grow to become. I'm very proud of what we built, but in 2014 I got married and had to buy my own kilt for my wedding, suddenly I was our most difficult customer!

I'd had kilts before but they always seemed temporary as I knew I could change them or add to them. Getting married made me realise that this was probably the most important kilt I'd ever buy. I found that we just didn't sell what I was looking for. I obviously knew the industry inside out so I know what we could do, I just realised we weren't making that available to everyone else. I had friends getting married comig to me and I would create custom outfits for them, from things not available in our store.

So we decided to create a kilt store for people like me. A modern clothing company with an understanding of the history and tradition that goes with a kilt. 2 years in the making, in 2016 Kilt Society was born.

We want to merge modern stylish tailoring with traditional products to make a kilt store for the modern man. It's very much a work in progress, building something like this takes time and we don't ever rest on our laurels.

To celebrate our first birthday we launched The Society. A group of people who share a love for kilts. Joining The Kilt Society allows you to get access to exclusive benefits like sneak peaks at new products, personalised style advice, exclusive special offers and it guarantees you'll be the first to hear about new ideas and initiatives and we certainly have a few of those in the pipeline!

Right now we have a special offer to welcome everyone to The Kilt Society. 20% off everything until Monday 23rd October. You need to join The Society to get it, but doing so is easy. Just head on over to kiltsociety.com and there's a link at the bottom of every page.
    Last edited by Fergus Macdonald; 14th October 17 at 02:41 AM.
    Fergus Macdonald from Kilt Society™.

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Fergus Macdonald For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got my recommendation. A few years back I bought a charcoal grey day jacket and waistcoat from MacDonald Sporrans' Amazon storefront. Fit and quality are good and the price was fantastic. Wishing you success!
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your successes 'til this point and hopes for many more in the future.

Thanks also for the great offer!

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to bodhran4me For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys - appreciate the support and kind words!

@Creag - glad to hear you're still happy with your jacket! We stand behind our products so if you ever get any issues just get in touch and we'll see how we can help.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Order Placed! Look forward to receiving my order!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with you business.

I've logged into the site but no discount coming up.

The Henderson kilt looks nice but overpriced for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Carrick View Post
    Good luck with you business.

I've logged into the site but no discount coming up.

The Henderson kilt looks nice but overpriced for me
    Thanks John.

If you're not seeing the popup there's a link in the footer to join the society.

Our kilts are definitely not the cheapest, but neither is the quality. :-)