X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    I've been unable to find a way of closing my account, but I'm a man with strong convictions and opinions. I'm bound to get into trouble and cause offense. You are PC, I don't like the way racist and racism are bandied about at every opportunity. I find that offensive. I find the whole PC thing offensive as it's being used to destroy our society.
    There is no way to close an account, but if you don't check in for a period of time, it goes inactive and eventually locks.

Goodbye if that's your choice.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the forum does not delete membership accounts, (you may wish to return at some future time) any member may opt out of participation here, for any reason, and at any time.

A notice is placed under your username stating that you have opted out at your own choosing and your registration is placed in the "At Member Request" usergroup. You will no longer have access to the forum, cannot post, and would no longer receive automated notifications from the forum of new posts.

All that is required to "Opt out" of the forum is a simple statement on the open forum of your wish and intent. Alternately you can send an email to steve@xmarksthescot.com stating your wish. A copy of your email is kept as a part of our archives.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is travelling through Belfast International Airport, please allow an extra 30 to 60 minutes. A new security firm has taken over and they are not very efficient and wearing a kilt will test their coping skills to the limit. I had to be scanned and patted down between three different staff and the lass on the scanner decided my bag of toiletries posed a grave threat to civilisation and had to test them. Consequently people are queuing out of the door and it has made the local news.

5. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to John_Carrick For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Carrick View Post
    ... my bag of toiletries posed a grave threat to civilisation and had to test them.
    Just how fast does your "rapidly disintegrating tissue" disappear? OR, do you use the European brand that can substitute for shipping container siding?

Kidding aside, thank you for the helpful information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a certain Scottish lord (now deceased) who would come over to the US at least once a year to visit with the members of the clan society in North America. (Actually, the society's name contains North America, but the rules were changed so anyone from any continent can join as long as they meet the other requirements.) Now this particular Scottish clan chief preferred to go "commando." In addition, he had a prosthetic leg. In order to go through a wand inspection, the leg had to be removed. Very time consuming. So he chose the easier route, manual inspection by a gentleman. He loved telling people that he did not know that a black man could turn so many shades of red!

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Iowish For This Useful Post:

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowish View Post
    There was a certain Scottish lord (now deceased) who would come over to the US at least once a year to visit with the members of the clan society in North America. (Actually, the society's name contains North America, but the rules were changed so anyone from any continent can join as long as they meet the other requirements.) Now this particular Scottish clan chief preferred to go "commando." In addition, he had a prosthetic leg. In order to go through a wand inspection, the leg had to be removed. Very time consuming. So he chose the easier route, manual inspection by a gentleman. He loved telling people that he did not know that a black man could turn so many shades of red!
    Urban myth, I suspect. Sad that you would further it on this forum, Iowish.
    Last edited by ThistleDown; 3rd January 19 at 12:54 AM.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ThistleDown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Just how fast does your "rapidly disintegrating tissue" disappear? OR, do you use the European brand that can substitute for shipping container siding?

Kidding aside, thank you for the helpful information.

Apologies for the late reply. I think all countries have the same regulations, but in Europe anyway all liquids have to be in a clear transparent sealed bag and no single container can be more than 100 ml. These may be randomly or deliberately tested to see that your liquids are legitimate products and not nerve agents or explosives or something else nasty.
    Belfast International Airport remains appalling with security queues going outside the terminal building on occasion.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to John_Carrick For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleDown View Post
    Urban myth, I suspect. Sad that you would further it on this forum, Iowish.
    Hardly seems like a hanging offense.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd time traveling to EU kilted, I didn't think I'd be able to in winter, but reading an Alaskan guys kilt recommendation, it seemed having warm upper/core clothes could allow for kilt wearing~

No hitches through airport security, and I have buckles and silver kilt pin sewed in

In Korea I had a full body scan and a guy at a computer was laughing,, maybe at me?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JUc3KJFXGY5u6dr17

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to pushka For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Carrick View Post
    Apologies for the late reply. I think all countries have the same regulations, but in Europe anyway all liquids have to be in a clear transparent sealed bag and no single container can be more than 100 ml. These may be randomly or deliberately tested to see that your liquids are legitimate products and not nerve agents or explosives or something else nasty.
    Belfast International Airport remains appalling with security queues going outside the terminal building on occasion.
    Hi John,

I've not had the experience of going through Int'l but Belfast City has been good to me in the past. Lovely wee airport, if that can be said about airports.

Jonathan

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast