X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FRugal corner ?

7 miles is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FRugal corner ?

Has any one purchased a kilt from the frugal corner . If so how do they compare to SWK i love my three SWK but cannot afford a tank at this time . I do like the selection that they have any info will be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've heard mixed reviews. most of em bad because of service.
    Gillmore of Clan Morrison

"Long Live the Long Shirts!"- Ryan Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a defective FC kilt and then got bad mouthed on the boards by them. So to say they are my least favorite seller is an understatement. It's still here after many months and they had the opportunity to make it right. They didn't so that gives me license to continue persuading others to spend their money at businesses that treat people right.

The kilt by the way is nowhere as good as comparably priced SWK wares. Money is better spent at SWK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 Miles, do a search on Frugal Corner. You will find the answers to your question.

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Bradley has suggested, do your homework before ordering.

It seems that those who have had good experiences with them have generally ordered merchandise they had in stock right then and there. I would check the availability of the goods you are interested in before ordering.

In general when I want to buy something kilt related I check with our vendors on X Marks the Scot first. The reason is that they have very proven track records. I have never received anything less than excellent customer service from our vendors. I support them because they support XMTS and most of all they support their customers.

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it took a while to get some flashes that I ordered but they were really nice ones. I was quite happy with them.

~Casey
    [SIZE="1"]"It's the job thats never started that takes the longest to finish. Thats what my old Gaffer used to say." - Samwise Gamgie, J.R.R. Tolkein[/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this Clergy/Clark kilt from Frugal Corner (and several others) . Perfectly fine. (I recently got a "Leatherneck" from Stillwater, and ordered a Fly Plaid from FC the same day. They both arrived the same time).
    FC did have a rough start, but seems to be humming along nicely now. I recommend FC & SWK. Fc does indeed have more variety of tartans at the moment than Stillwater, but I imagine more shall become available for SWK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others I too have both SWK and FC kilts. I like them both. It seems to me that they are about the same weight, excluding the SWK Heavyweight, which I believe is a bit heavier, the big difference is the "hand" of the fabric. SWK's is a much softer fabric, FC's is a bit stiffer.

Depending on what I'm doing I like the different feels for different things. When I'm lounging the SWK Thrifty is wonderful. The FC's have a more formal feel to me (please bear in mind I'm no expert by a long, long stretch, just my opinion), probably due to the stiffer fabric.

As to stock vs non-stock. SWK is hard to beat, Jerry is great to do business with, FC has had good and bad reviews. My experiences have been good, but custom sizes require patience (not something always in great supply). FC as made a lot of progress as they are going through their growing pains.

I personally plan additional purchases from both.

Best of Luck, and enjoy whatever kilts you can get.

Cheers,

Marshal Moroni
    "..., and wrote upon it - In memory of our God, our religion, and our freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children...." Alma 46:12

acstoon is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    It seems that those who have had good experiences with them have generally ordered merchandise they had in stock right then and there. I would check the availability of the goods you are interested in before ordering.
    This seems to be the key, when purchasing from FC. Call or email before ordering. (I've done this, and had good service)
    SWK has almost magically fast delivery, but not quite so many tartans (compared to FC) available... bit of a trade-off, in that respect.

Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozman...I love that tartan (Clark/Clergy). Would you happen to have any more pictures? FC's sight shows it looking more blue than what you have in your photo. Your's looks like it's a bit more purple.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast