X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reloading a thread.

steve ,I have been asked to reload a thead for post title "cornish kilt and cornish cough"
    Please could you clarify proceedure as post seems to have been lost on reply and I cannot reload or retrieve. Thank you very much. Roddy

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roddy,

I'm sorry I don't understand your question. Who asked you to reload? Was this some sort of error message? Was the message from the forum or from your browser?

Would you please try to give me some more information to go on. If you got a message such as something in a pop-up window could you please copy the entire message here.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you asked the question of steve but if you "lost" a reply you were typing and hoping to insert in that thread, there is no way that you can "reload or retrieve". You will have to type it over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Thank you for your reply, I will try to clarify if problem occurs again.Can I save my text on your forum before posting. This seems to be general problem. Perhaps it is my U.k. landline crashing.It may my however be my P.C. problem.
    I am having problems With my Email system outside your Webb Site. The problem seens to be intermittant.
    I have been lead to believe B.T. did not renew Fibre Optic land line contracts after the local Olympic Landline contract was Withdrawn.
    I am having problems tranferring to Talk Talk as a server as they agreed to install and then cancelled my contract.
    I consider the computer was designed to make us look fools. Thanks Roddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problems with posting Roddy.

Steve, When I reply,the posting, please wait icon usually comes up,then the reply comes up in the forum.
    At times the revolving icion does not appear. Some kind of bad connection perhaps.
    I am thying to establish where this fault lies.
    Could be my system , not yours. Someone may recognise this symptom .

May be just operator error . Hopefully these Tests and Explanatons are sucsessfully recieved. Thanks Roddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, Last thread transfer was instant. Thanks Roddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum submission Roddy

Steve forum informed me I had replied too quickly. Advised me to resubmit in twenty three seconds .Previously icon briefly showed.
    Previous test ok. This is my last test. Hope it is ok. Good fast system. Roddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roddy,

If I am composing a long reply, or any long post, I do it in Word first (or Notepad or Wordpad, will do as well). Then copy and paste.

They might not have the nice formatting that you want, but that can be put in by hand afterwards.

If there is a system crash, or any kind of interruption, you will still have the original text and won't have to start again from scratch.

Once the posting is successful, the Word, or Notepad, or Wordpad file can be deleted.

It works for me.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Chas For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    Roddy,

If I am composing a long reply, or any long post, I do it in Word first (or Notepad or Wordpad, will do as well). Then copy and paste.

They might not have the nice formatting that you want, but that can be put in by hand afterwards.

If there is a system crash, or any kind of interruption, you will still have the original text and won't have to start again from scratch.

Once the posting is successful, the Word, or Notepad, or Wordpad file can be deleted.

It works for me.
    Precisely. Excellent advice, Chas.