X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kilted All Over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted All Over

It has been a while since I posted here at X Marks. However, since trying on a kilt back in 2014, it has become a way of life for me. Going from pants to a kilt has been like going from a tricycle to a 21 speed mountain bike! To me, pants are like goggles or gloves. I wear them when I have to, out of necessity - but they are not appealing nor preferable. I am half Scottish, but even if I were none I would still love wearing kilts; they are the best article of clothing I have ever encountered in my life.

I am surprised at the overwhelmingly positive response I get from people, though I don't wear them to get compliments. Actually, not all that fond of the looks or attention. I wish other men wore them so that I don't feel like an alien. I found out the FedEx delivery guy who drops off boxes at my place of work wears kilts. Now I don't feel so eccentric....

Yes, they do have their limitations. Like where I work in an industrial type setting, when it is 25 degrees with a stiff breeze, and working on the roof. I also found pareos and lungis to be great around the house, but that is another topic. And I won't even mention ecchu fundoshi .

Anyhow, here are some photos taken over the years of my kilty enjoyment.... and that lovely lady is my better half! Photos in Arizona, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana (yes, that is the Duck Commander store from the show), Arkansas and Colorado.

Norm

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord....." Psalm 33:12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to have you back! I’m jealous of the visit to West Monroe. Definitely something I’d like to do if I get the chance.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to FossilHunter For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you again Norm. I'm glad you've had favorable feedback from the places you been. I hope my next visit home (North Carolina) will provide the same positive responses. Look for my posts in the spring.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duck Everything

Quote Originally Posted by FossilHunter View Post
    Glad to have you back! I’m jealous of the visit to West Monroe. Definitely something I’d like to do if I get the chance.
    I never thought that there could be so much merchandise sold having to do with ducks! They even have a flashlight that looks just like a shotgun shell. Duck shirts, duck bowls, duck baseball caps, even replicas of Sy's green tea cup (I bought one of those). We did not get to meet any of the guys on the show, though. They even had an episode where they were in Scotland, where Willie was wearing a kilt whilst hunting ducks (he is also the one wearing a pareo during a Hawaii episode). It was fun anyhow.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I never thought that there could be so much merchandise sold having to do with ducks! They even have a flashlight that looks just like a shotgun shell. Duck shirts, duck bowls, duck baseball caps, even replicas of Sy's green tea cup (I bought one of those). We did not get to meet any of the guys on the show, though. They even had an episode where they were in Scotland, where Willie was wearing a kilt whilst hunting ducks (he is also the one wearing a pareo during a Hawaii episode). It was fun anyhow.....
    I have the same cup. It came with a duck commander single reed call.

The Scotland episode is pretty funny, if silly. Jase’s attempts to lift a caber were pretty funny.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to FossilHunter For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best to you sir if it is not too late to reply to this thread.
    I feel much the same way about kilts, and you said it best, that they are the best article of clothing ever invented.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to jetstar63 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstar63 View Post
    All the best to you sir if it is not too late to reply to this thread.
    I feel much the same way about kilts, and you said it best, that they are the best article of clothing ever invented.
    Thanks, jetstar. Just wish more guys wore them - seems only relatively recently that pants have invaded the scene. I would be willing to bet that if 100 men had the courage to try one on, 70 percent would leave the store wearing a kilt.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Norm For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back from down in the valley.
    American by birth, human by coincidence and earthling by mistake.

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to macmanjim For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post and glad to see you enjoying your kilts. I'm also curious to try a lungi, but I suppose that's a topic for another forum.

I wear kilts at least three times a week typically and definitely enjoy the comfort and the presentation. I've also noticed that, since I began wearing mine out and about in my neighborhood, that I've seen at least two other guys in kilts walking about (both in utility kilts). So perhaps your wearing of the kilt will encourage others to follow suit (or kilt?).

16. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to SunriseEarth For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanjim View Post
    Welcome back from down in the valley.
    Thanks! So you live in Fountain Hills. My wife and I drive by there whenever we visit the valley to stock up on provisions.
    If you see a kilted guy at Chandler Mall, Costco in Mesa or Costco at 44th and Thomas, or Lee Lee's in Mesa, that is probably me.
    Basically speaking, if I am in Phoenix, I am in a kilt. ESPECIALLY in the summer....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast