X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Vintage Scottish Jewelry...can you help to identify?

Per my first post here are photos of more Scottish Jewelry. Purchased from a close friend, whose Aunt passed, but came from Glasgow, know nothing about the items, hoping somebody could shed some light on the history of the items...

Kilt pin: Do you know the stone?k. It is silver:"

Back, do you know the hallmarks:

Broach pin Silver....very small around 3 inches in circumferences so not a kilt broach.

Another kilt pin, do you know the hair, the small logo is an Elk or deer head with antlers, silver"

Any idea of what these are, where they are made, and value, I know they are not worth much, but do know they are vintage from the 50s or early 60's...Thanks
    Last edited by CollinMacD; 3rd August 18 at 08:14 PM.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to CollinMacD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last photo is a Bavarian hat pin. The hair is boar and the logo is Elk. I expect the date would be early 1950's. The style has been popular since the 1920's.

This photo is listing deer hair instead of boar. I expect the real items to fit inside this price range.
    Last edited by Tarheel; 4th August 18 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Found one for sale

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    The last photo is a Bavarian hat pin. The hair is boar and the logo is Elk. I expect the date would be early 1950's. The style has been popular since the 1920's.

This photo is listing deer hair instead of boar. I expect the real items to fit inside this price range.
    Thank you, very interesting. Elk makes sense, boar hair, this is a very soft hair, but I have not idea, I was think horse hair, but boar makes sense....Thank you.
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about the hat pin. I have an Alpenhut I bought in Switzerland in 1984, and it has one of those pinned to it (along with lots of other pins commemorating places I visited on that trip).

All of the items you've posted are attractive, but I don't have any info on the other two.

Andrew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is funny, I saw people wearing that pin as a kilt pin, actually looks nice....