X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Anyone around for 40th Annual Savannah Games 2016?

I'm finally headed to the Savannah games this weekend (6-8 May 2016), and was wondering if any of our local Xmarkers are still active in the area or mayhap be at the games or up for a pint or twa?

Anyone... anyone...?

Yall holler!

Cheers,
    Wesley
    Here's tae us, Whas like us... Deil the Yin!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Deil the Yin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately timed for me. May 6 I've got a job interview in the afternoon, May 7th is the new Moon and a clear night so I'll be out in a field with a telescope in NW Georgia, and May 8th is Mothers Day. God help us all if I'm not around to cook breakfast and generally deliver well-deserved pampering.

Looking forward to report and photos. The weather is going to be awesome for it.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh!

Dang, Craig! It would've been cool to hang out wi' ye agin! And seeing as how I have yet to upload my piccies from the Conyers Burns Supper, I guess I can kill twa birdies wi' ane stane, eh wot? ;-P

Wait... I thought the 6th was a full moon? Anyway... fun will be had, oh, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Creag View Post
    Unfortunately timed for me. May 6 I've got a job interview in the afternoon, May 7th is the new Moon and a clear night so I'll be out in a field with a telescope in NW Georgia, and May 8th is Mothers Day. God help us all if I'm not around to cook breakfast and generally deliver well-deserved pampering.

Looking forward to report and photos. The weather is going to be awesome for it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deil the Yin View Post
    And seeing as how I have yet to upload my piccies from the Conyers Burns Supper
    What? Holding out on us? Wesley, I regret to inform you (as I was told often), you'll never work in THIS town again. Oh, wait . You've never worked in this town already. And while they kept promising, the phone kept ringing.
    All is forgiven. Post'em up; we'll enjoy now.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Savannah is a gorgeous town. I wish I had the time to get down there for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Wesley,

It was great to meet the two you today.
    We had only just gotten there and were already making new friends.

Its also good to see that the Savannah Scottish Games is a desitination for the wider Scottish diaspora.

Slainte mhath,

Kyle

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Well Met!

https://goo.gl/photos/BrFE1btUEMuoNu4W8

A second try at posting the piccy:

Guid on ya, Kyle! X-Markers are everywhere, eh wot?

Love that Wiregrass tartan, man! You were definitely wearing it well. And not to speak of your handsome beaver fur, which I apologise for learing at so lustily... At least you didn't have any tassels to fondle. I tell ya- nothing makes for awkward like a married woman fondling your tassels and her husband standing right next to her! I'll take a kilt check over that any day...

Glad yall had a good time, too, at Savannah. That wee games will be hard to beat in my book, what with the gorgeous weather, awesome beer, excellent venue... and the mighty craic! Woot! I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all.

Hope to see more of that Wiregrass Tartan around, Kyle. Mayhap we'll have a chance for a combined South Georgia/north Florida kilt night or some such? At any rate...

Yours aye,
    Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by LochEck View Post
    Hello Wesley,

It was great to meet the two you today.
    We had only just gotten there and were already making new friends.

Its also good to see that the Savannah Scottish Games is a desitination for the wider Scottish diaspora.

Slainte mhath,

Kyle
    Last edited by Deil the Yin; 8th June 16 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Pictures... Pictures... EVERYWHERE!

Sorry about that, man. If the dang phone would stop ringing I could focus on uploading pictures more, for sure... ;-p Thanks for the encouragement, though. I'll definitely have another go at getting them posted.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    What? Holding out on us? Wesley, I regret to inform you (as I was told often), you'll never work in THIS town again. Oh, wait . You've never worked in this town already. And while they kept promising, the phone kept ringing.
    All is forgiven. Post'em up; we'll enjoy now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Technical note:

I don't know if yall can see the piccy I posted in the reply to Kyle up there, but hopefully it shows Kyle with himself at the Savannah Games this past weekend. Kyle is the gentleman wearing the lovely Wiregrass tartan kilt and Ferguson-Britt beaver fur sporran...

I'm the one with the sloppy waistcoat- apparently my minder, as lovely as she is, was paying more attention to my pleats and not my full ensemble. Hard to find good help these days...
    Last edited by Deil the Yin; 10th May 16 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't see a pic. I tried to quote you and see what you did, but google says 404 not found for photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPERvYS8OpCCc6EgGvZULWPz3l38AQJq9G-_u2o

Sounds like a great time was had, and I wish I could have gone!