X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Received it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received it

Hi guys. Well I've received it, The Art of Kiltmaking by Barbara Tweksbury. I would say it's a great read and it's so informative and gives a great insight into what goes into a kilt. Knowing what goes into a proper kilt makes you respect the kiltmakers worth. I know I asked the question how to tell the difference between a properly made kilt and a poor one and had some great replies, I can honestly and safely say my 3 kilts are very well made along the lines of Barbara Tweksbury. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about getting a kilt and is not sure it could put your mind at easy at what to expect.

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Dirk95 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I tell people that even if they never intend to make a kilt that book is worth its price to help kilt-buyers avoid costly mistakes.

And, I think, it's a good thing if all kilt-wearers knew how kilts are made. As you say it makes us kilt-wearers appreciate how much skill, knowledge, and labour goes into a kilt.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte