X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright then Bill where is it?The bonnet? Lost in the post? Wrong size/colour, so had to be returned? You have forgotten which river you have dunked it in? You forgot to put the stones in before dunking it and its been washed away? Has the dog taken to wearing it? Perhaps you have been saving it for some grand occasion?

Come on Bill, enquiring minds need to know!
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 16th December 19 at 08:48 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Alright then Bill where is it?The bonnet? Lost in the post? Wrong size/colour, so had to be returned? You have forgotten which river you have dunked it in? You forgot to put the stones in before dunking it and its been washed away? Has the dog taken to wearing it? Perhaps you have been saving it for some grand occasion?

Come Bill, enquiring minds need to know!
    Hi Jock!

Always good to hear from you, my friend!

Burnett & Struth have come up empty so far. Apparently Mackie will only ship to them when they have orders for five, not one, so when it eventually gets here, they'll most likely get a good review for the item and a lousy review for the store.

I've been in touch with James at B & S several times, and he keeps making promises, so it seems more like plain BS. It's been almost two months and it still shows as "Awaiting Fulfillment". Meanwhile, they've charged my credit card for the bonnet and I've received two auto-reminders to do a product review.

Ask me if I'm pleased. It's too expensive for this sort of runaround. I'll bet you could get one in two weeks over there.

Thanks for asking; it doesn't look too good for them so far!

I think I'll copy this over to their subforum. They deserve a bit of a black eye.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Hi Jock!

Always good to hear from you, my friend!

Burnett & Struth have come up empty so far. Apparently Mackie will only ship to them when they have orders for five, not one, so when it eventually gets here, they'll most likely get a good review for the item and a lousy review for the store.

I've been in touch with James at B & S several times, and he keeps making promises, so it seems more like plain BS. It's been almost two months and it still shows as "Awaiting Fulfillment". Meanwhile, they've charged my credit card for the bonnet and I've received two auto-reminders to do a product review.

Ask me if I'm pleased. It's too expensive for this sort of runaround. I'll bet you could get one in two weeks over there.

Thanks for asking; it doesn't look too good for them so far!

I think I'll copy this over to their subforum. They deserve a bit of a black eye.
    Oh how disappointing! One would have thought that the credit card would not have been charged before the goods had at least been posted to you!
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Oh how disappointing! One would have thought that the credit card would not have been charged before the goods had at least been posted to you!
    Oh, it was charged almost immediately. I ordered October 28 and it was charged to my account October 30.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it was charged almost immediately. I ordered October 28 and it was charged to my account October 30.
    Someone rather jumped the gun with your loot, Bill. That would not impress me one bit if that had happened to me.

From Michigan, USA. Currently in Lancashire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Mackie will only ship to them when they have orders for five, not one, so when it eventually gets here, they'll most likely get a good review for the item and a lousy review for the store.
    This sounds very odd. I have an account with Mackie and get bonnets one at a time all the time. They charge a small fee for a small order, but nothing that should break the bank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just received an E from James. Perhaps he read the posting I made in their website.

He says Mackie has my order but won't produce until the new year. He asked if I wanted it to stand or a refund. I've asked for his estimate for delivery.

Frankly, at this rate, I think he should probable offer a discount. Their website makes no mention of minimum of five before Mackie produces. We'll see what his response is, but I'm very negatively impressed.

Arnot, your comment adds fuel to my personal fires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this interchange:

Well, in for a dime, in for a dollar.

I might as well wait. You might want to add something to your website to notify potential customers that it could take several months.

I’m rather miffed too, that you would take the money off of my credit card before you even have the item here in Canada, or at least manufactured. I sure hope I got the size right.

Bill

__________________________________________________ ____

Sent: December 16, 2019 2:06 PM

I would say the end of January.

Thank you
    James Convery
    Burnett's & Struth Scottish Regalia
    (Web Administrator / Customer service.)
    1 (705) 728 3232
    www.burnetts-struth.com
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season

To: <sales@burnetts-struth.com>
    Date: 16/12/2019 01:47 PM

Well…

When would you expect that I might receive it if we leave the order in?

Bill

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill, When you call Burnett's & Struth ask to speak directly with Lisa.

And I had Ian's of Glengarryhats (plural) balmorals in my shop for many years. A few years ago I did a side by side review between Ian's product and a Mackie.

Ian is quite up front that his products are made in Pakistan. But he uses a company that produce a very nice quality product. Many of the lesser quality companies have stolen his photos and use them as their own.

I found that the weave of a Mackie is about 10% tighter but 1 oz lighter in weight for a bonnet of the same head size.
    I also find that I prefer the shape of Ian's over a Mackie.

All of the photos you see of my X Marks bonnet are of my glengarryhats bonnet.

I'm pretty sure Jamie's bonnet is a Mackie for a comparison of the shape.

Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to The Wizard of BC For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I have one from Ian already and like it, and yours looks pretty good to me. A lot cheaper too, but I can't get navy from him, just black.

However . . . . I've been thinking of that too.
    Last edited by Father Bill; 16th December 19 at 03:51 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast