X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for all the Canadian vendors

just seen a thing on tech tv, a thing called email money transfer,looked very good, safe,just need online banking, all the big Canadian banks offer it CIBC, royal etc. just send an email and a security question eg "what is the mssage board called we chat in? answer xmarks the scot. cost the sender $1.50.
    do it from home. now this may not take off rightaway, but keep your eye on it and maybe offer this payment option.as far as I know this is not available in the USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how my ex wife sends me payments on our old joint line of credit. Works like a charm.

PS: anyone here near Hilandry, Greece that could give her a cuff upside the head.. she's late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, the USA has had it too. In fact, it's been hacked into to a point where folks down here just won't use it anymore. The history of PayPal was partly started due to this. Their "secure" methods were supposed to be a way for eBayers to continue to pay with something other than the older email transfers. Western Union uses the money wires too. The problem down here is that the Banks just won't go through the problems from the 1990's again... and I guess I don't blame them. (Email, even encoded, is VERY easy to intercept and infiltrate.)

If it's starting again in the Great White North, I'm sure they've devised a way to make it more secure, or it wouldn't be returning.

That's just another advantage of living in a more civil society.
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AAh, Jimmy, you have probably confused worldwide "e-mail" with Canadian "eh-mail". One of the things I had to learn about Canada was "It's a whole 'nother country".
    No one up here would think of trying to hack the world's electronic mail. That would not be polite.
    I mean, these people use turn signals--if you can believe it.
    When Canadians communicate via the www, (well, web is a mis-nomer, it's actually just one wire that is stretched across the entire country) they always add the heading "this is important, please do not disturb, Thanks eh". It works every time.
    Plus the population up here is so small, everyone knows everyone. It's kinda like a party line. For instance, I was tryng to log on to X Marks when Dave in Calgary was trying to let everyone know that his Aunt Mildred had just had surgery. (She'll be fine by the way.) so I went next door to tell Florance 'cause she doesn't trust computers yet.
    So I just want to let my friends in other parts of the world know, your eh-mail is safe in Canada. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is on patrol. (His name is John by the way)
    And to any hackers I say, "This is important, Please do not disturb. Thanks eh.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

You get that impression of Canada from all those retirees from Saskatchewan out there in Victoria.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, my in-laws retired from Saskatoon to Abbotsford

dana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you thought I was just joking.

Saskatoon is my home town. Moved East to eventually retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who wouldn't want to flee -40 winters

dana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send my regards to Aunt Mildred and Florance, eh.

Cheers,
    T.R. Matthews