X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilts on the air

So last night I was sat in the studio with my good friend about 5 minutes into our weekly show. It's an hour long and a music style show aimed at youthful Christians.

Anyway, we'd been talking about our week and how I'd received some insults regarding my kilt (another story). We then talked kilts very briefly before hitting a song. During the break we get a phone call - which was nice since we're a very new show and still trying to get listeners.

The fellow who we'll call D had apparently just turned on his radio and heard us talking about kilts and just had to call. Why? Because although he'd wanted a kilt his whole life, he'd only very recently become kilted - he's the proud owner of a Mocker.

He'd met a landscaper who wore a Workman's and that fellow directed D to Utilikilts. D, of course, now would like one or two more for his collection.

Anyway, he just called in to offer his support, and so now those I know or have heard of in the kilted population of Tucson are up to 6.

My friends are becoming persuaded, and I just love that our little show managed to uncover another Brother of the Kilted Order!

I directed him here so he may show up, soon. I hope so!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galant,

That is such great news!

I love to hear things like that where someone else tells that they too are getting into the kilt.

As I see it, one kilt on a guy brings out another kilt on a guy then two guys in a kilt, building up to four kilted guys, on and on.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.