X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired Forum Adminstrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandtide
    I know Rocky is but Kelly is a sweatheart!
    And I was just getting ready to say I thought she was a sweetheart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 5 USAK's and the child bride has a long kilted skirt also. One is the old Casual in a wool blend, 3 are PV Philabeg and one is what is now being called the Premier. Her's is a long skirt made in the Philabeg style.

Of my 12 kilts the Casual and Philabegs get the most wear. Easy on and off, easy care and they always look good. PV especially holds up to long periods of sitting without looking like it has been slept in then pressed with a rock. I've gotten caught in rain storms and been dry an hour later with the kilt looking none the worse for wear.

The Premier, now there is a nice kilt. Done up in the Confederate Memorial tartan, well made and a pleasure to wear. This was the first KILT that I added to my collection and it probabaly won't be the last one I get from Rocky and Kelly.

I find that when I'm wearing a USAK I get a lot of questions about where I get them and how much they cost. I've taken to keeping some of Rocky's cards in my wallet to pass out to interested people. Just last weekend I was at a Scottish history gathering at a local battleground (Moore's Creek, the site of the last broadsword charge) and ended up giving information and cards to several of the re-enactors.

USAK? Yeah I like'em.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, out of the 9 kilts I own I wear my USAK's the most (6 days a week, and they take a beating) the 7th day I wear one of my amerikilts.

and my son and daughter BOTH have kilts that were kindly made by Rocky and Kelly. In fact my son was baptized in his kilt.

makes it alot easier to change his diaper too

as soon as I get a chance to stash some money I'll be ordering another USAK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I only have one USAK that I recently acquired, and man do I love it. I just cant take it off. I've had my SW growing mold in the closet ever since I got it. Kelly did a superb job. My second order is coming soon, real soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a USA K Philabeg, and it is the cats meow in hot weather. It's *perfect* for hot Highland Games during the summer. It gets worn to work every week, too, alternating with my Stillwaters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky,

In my opinion, you'd be foolish to not place some of these (or similar) customer testimonials on your web site. It's marketing heaven. I would also mention that they are unsolicited.

Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 times winner

Having done business with Rocky for 1 years and 3 months (yes, I have kept count) and being the proud owner of 9 of his kilts from the old origional sport kilt to a new 'traditional beta' kilt I can say one thing about Rocky and Kelly. 'They ain't in it for the money!" They really believe in what they do and they do it for all you guy's out there. I have e-mailed Rocky from early morning my time (Central) to talking to him on the phone on a late Saturday afternoon about a kilt order or problem. Sometimes I wonder if he knows what 'down time' is!

Yes, I do own other kilts but when I'm out on a Saturday of 'honey do's' or walking down to the store it's one of Rocky's kilts I'm wearing.

I could continue but as I said above...I keep coming back, and that's the best testament I can offer.

Richard-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three of my soon to be six kilts will be from USAK. I only have a little more time left til I see my Mackay (A) semi trad (four weeks down, so I'm getting close). My other two are holding up fantastically, although I've been wearing my Macinlay modern semi traditional more than the Scotland's National premier lately, mainly due to the recent spike in temp and humidity in eastern PA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, NOW I can "testify". As I stated in another thread, the Kilt arrived on Thursday of last week. The fit was perfect. It was 6 1/2 weeks (about) from order (which was a Saturday night, so really six if we go by business days) to delivery. That was within the advertised delay. The kilt is a little warmer than I expected, but my only other comparison is my Amerikilt which is much lighter weight. It was still mighty comfortable at the 90+F temps at the PA Celtic Fling this weekend. I wore my new kilt all weekend, and the pleats still look good, an no dirt. Michael at Amerikilts had to give it the once over when I visited him and he gave it a thumbs up as did his lovely wife. But, the hilight for me, was finding the Clan Hay booth. I was heading to meet my sister and her family at the games area and stopped dead when I saw "my" clan booth. Had a delightful time with them as they gave me all kinds of information and got me signed up to their mailing list. They told me it was nice to see the clan Hay tartan being worn and that it was a very nice looking kilt; wanted to know about where I got it, etc. The real clan chief has a name startlingly similar to mine, which made my day and weirded out my son-in-law to be. And, I met Joe (F16 Warbird) from the list and got a nice semi-formal sporran to go with my new kilt and a belt for my Amerikilt. So, I am quite pleased with my USAKilt and it got rave reviews from those who would know.

billmcc
    Verlyn,

What kind of kilt are you talking about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast