X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roundhill Highland Games - Norwalk, CT - 02JUL05

I'm a new to many aspects of my Celtic heritage so attending the 82nd Round Hill Highland Games this Saturday (02JUL05) will be my first highland games ever. I'm going with an open mind and low expectations. As long as Karen (my wife) doesn't hit me with "Well, I'm done, let's go home" an hour into it I think attending more games/events together can be a repeat. For anyone interested, the Game's site is http://www.roundhill.org .

At a minimum, the chance to do something fun will be a change of pace because there've been way too many working weekends lately. Nature is supposed to cooperate with more seasonal (instead of freakin' tropical) weather so that helps, too. Any suggestions on items to bring along i.e. camp chairs, etc.? I know Karen will need a place to park for a while now and again.

Any other 'XMTS'..er..XMarkians...headed that way? If so, be glad to meet ya. Sorry if the image is way too large - didn't have an effective graphics tool handy. Like the photo, we're not small enough (unfortunately) to miss easily:

Bob C is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    The beautiful Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I wonder if I could talk my wife and kids into a 3.5 hour drive on Saturday... We have plans for Sunday, so we'd have to drive 3.5 hours back, too. Long day, but she's making me miss the Central New York games this year, so she owes me.

Great pic, btw! Would be better if it showed the kilt, but I'd still be scolling to get below it if it were that large. :-D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A trek to be sure. And a trooper laden weekend to boot. But if you should make you'll know what we look like.