X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted Pennsylvanians Unite!

Hello all! Is there anyone out there interested in a kilt night in eastern PA, but not quite as far east as philly? I live in gettysburg, and would love to see a kilt night perhaps here, or in York, or somewhere else close. Let me know if there is any interest.
    ~Sav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gettysburg, huh?

Get your pleated backside over to the Adams County Irish Festival on the 16th, and join us in kilts! Hang around until atleast 5:00 so that we can meet-up. You'll see a few kilts there.

That's as close as we'll get to Gettysburg... what... 5 minutes?!
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Bob C is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    The beautiful Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys ever get to northeast PA, say Scranton or Wilkes-Barre, let me know. I'm not too far from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mechanicsburg here, so I'd be interested. Unfortunatley, we have another obligation the 16th and won't make the festival; maybe next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just came home from spending a week in Wilkes-Barre. Unfortunately I was there on AF business so I didn't bring my kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count me in...even if it IS in Gettysburg

I'm new to this forum, but not to kilt - wearing. In fact, I'm sitting at work wearing one now. Casual day, ya' know.

Anyway, I love Gettysburg (used to be a CW Reenactor) and would be thrilled to have an excuse to go there (or York) to wear a kilt.

If you ever do want to plan something here in Philly, I can probably arrange something at one of the more hospitable pubs in the Center City or Northwest (Germantown/Mount Airy) areas.

Keep me informed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harpergr
    If you ever do want to plan something here in Philly, I can probably arrange something at one of the more hospitable pubs in the Center City or Northwest (Germantown/Mount Airy) areas.
    I guess I'll be seeing you at Brittingham's in Lafayette Hill at 9:00pm on Friday July 22nd?;-)

If you go to the Adams County Irish Festival, just go east on 30 from the Battlegrounds, and you'll see the signs. Last year was hilarious, and there are plenty kilts. OH... they DO serve Guinness.

Anytime you want to go to Tir Na Nog at 16th and Arch... you let me know! I have been there a few times other than St. Pat's, and love the place. It's always nice to experience the place in its "natural form".
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Kilt night eh?

I'm from Reading. A Eastern PA kilt night would be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll definitely be out for the festival, and looking forward to BARLEYJUICE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tir Na Nog, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carbomb
    I guess I'll be seeing you at Brittingham's in Lafayette Hill at 9:00pm on Friday July 22nd?;-)

If you go to the Adams County Irish Festival, just go east on 30 from the Battlegrounds, and you'll see the signs. Last year was hilarious, and there are plenty kilts. OH... they DO serve Guinness.

Anytime you want to go to Tir Na Nog at 16th and Arch... you let me know! I have been there a few times other than St. Pat's, and love the place. It's always nice to experience the place in its "natural form".
    I'll endeavor to get to Brittingham's on the 22nd, but I have a hiking trip to Ricketts Glen planned for the morning of the 23rd, so...

Adams County sounds more likely. I'm curious to hear the band. The bios are compelling. And, as long as there's Guiness.

Tir Na Nog is a possibility, but not too likely in a kilt on a weekday. Wearing one to work here in Center City Philadelphia was disappointingly enlightening. I suppose I learned my lesson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast