X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Modern Sporrans

toadinakilt

Modern Sporrans

I saw a picture of some celebrity, not sure who, with a sporran that was really awesome looking. Kind of shaped like the superman symbol, but with the point cut off at the bottom and squashed so it was thinner and not so wide. Black leather, looked like, with silver trim. Anybody have any idea about who might have made it?
    For that matter, any companies out there that make less-than-traditional sporrans, (not counting Sport Kilts fannypacks...), ones that would look especially good with a FK or UK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is only a matter of time designers are going to design a new breed of Sporrans and accessories for the modern men. We need a sporran that can carry our electronics and money/credit cards/debit cards/IDs.

I won't be surprised if some sporran makers come out with a line of license products from NHL/EPL/CFL/NFL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toadinakilt
    For that matter, any companies out there that make less-than-traditional sporrans, (not counting Sport Kilts fannypacks...), ones that would look especially good with a FK or UK?
    I think Freelander makes one that looks good with the FK and UK.
    I had a gentleman come into my stall last week and purchase one of mine that looked good on his UK. He bought a sporran belt and a bronze leather sporran with an antler button, looked sharp. The sporrans I make hold a lot have two pockets and are made of soft leather.
    cheers
    Robert
    The leather and hemp Kilt Guy in Stratford, Ontario