X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Down South

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down South

You didn't think I could get any further south did you?

We'll in Hobart, down the south of the island for a couple of days, just 2 days away and I've missed 243 posts!

Went to a big open air market today, got lots of good comments:
    One man with a scottish accent came to me and said "it's good to see a man dressed properly" nice, but he was in trousers.

Walking past a stall the lady owner of the stall yelled out "we LOVE to see men in kilts" and waved enthusiastically! that was a surprise.

I said to my wife, "you don't get comments like that wearing trousers", she said 'you don't get a LOT of the comments you do if you were in trousers'. :-(

I was happy and comfortable anyway.
    Last edited by Graham; 4th September 05 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    ... I said to my wife, "you don't get comments like that wearing trousers", she said 'you don't get a LOT of the comments you do if you were in trousers'. :-(
    She will put which ever spin on it befits her purpose. It's just a reminder that she prefers to remain incognito.

There must come a point in time where resistive women realize that we of the kilt have made peace with ourselves. We have chosen to excercise our right to step out of the great melting pot... to cast off the bifurcated uniform as we see fit and stand tall for masculinity and heritage. How can a man be faulted for that?

So Graham... how did your wife end up marrying an extravert like you, anyway!? ;-)

blu

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu (Ontario)

So Graham... how did your wife end up marrying an extravert like you, anyway!? ;-)

blu
    well I put that question to her, she reminded me of what I earlier said about myself, 'a guy that does nothing in half measures, who goes for what he wants and gets it'.

say no more, nudge nudge, wink wink