X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First USA Kilt, A Semi-Traditional

Taken me long enough. Finally added a USA Kilt to the stable. A semi-traditional in Thomson Gray.

Man, this is different than anything in my collection so far. Sort of fills in the gap between my three tartan SportKilts and my three tartan traditional tanks from Kathy's Kilts.

I don't have to tell you USA Kilt experts that its well made and a formidable weight for a synthetic fabric.

Only problem I have is with my POT belly. This is the first kilt that I've worn so high on my belly. And, as mentioned on another thread had to go order a longer belt, forgot all about that piece.

Measurements over the Internet are always a problem. Rocky made what I ordered. I went and lost some weight during the jones. Can still wear it with the straps all on full tight and Rocky sent me the dope on how to move them even tighter. Should be okay with the new belt coming. Could always use suspenders under a sweatshirt .

Anyhow, pics of my new pride and joy are on Page 5 (bottom) of my gallery. Link is below.

Now I'm pondering that Irish National special order deal.

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron,

That is one of my favorite tartans, and the quality that Rocky and Kelly produce, you will not be disappointed.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ron,

Just went through your pics! Great album, I like the new USAK in Thomson Gray. I can't wait for my own semi-trad in blackwatch to get here next week.

I am also jealous at all of the beautiful scenery you are able to portray in your pictures. Something majestic and beautiful about the southwest.

RJI
    The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kilt looks awesome! Makes me want one!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup KCW, most of the pics were shot just a few miles from my bachelor cave. Really cool to wake up in the morning and see such incredible scenery in all directions.

I think kilts look more "natural" out in the boonies than in the city...historically. Get more "that's cool" comments from people I pass hiking than from folks around town.

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."