X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Hamish's photo album down?

I just tried to view Ham's online photo album and it came up with a 404 error. I tried it from my bookmarks as well as from his sig line here. Anyone else have any issues getting to it?

Southern Breeze is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried it and got a message that the server was down for an upgrade.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew! Al, you had me worried for a minute as I have no copies of many of those earlier photos - maybe I should 'pinch' them back and get them burned onto CD!

Anyway, fear not. The website is down for server upgrade. (I think I know what that means, but I have great faith in Nigel, whose site IMFF is).

Actually, you have reminded me that I have a couple of pics of the latest kilt to be added there, but I'll also have my new "X Marks..." tartan kilt next weekend, so I might as well wait until I have photos of that one also.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Blu's sentiments. I also just checked the main IMFF page and got the "server down for upgrades" message.

Whew!!!

Btw...I've added your photo's page to the links on my new kilt page, Ham. I do hope you're ok with that.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al G. Sporrano
    ........I've added your photo's page to the links on my new kilt page, Ham. I do hope you're ok with that.
    OK? OK? I am honoured, Al! Thank you.

(Let's just hope it comes back up again!!)
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could we live without those great pictures of Ham to show us how to wear our kilt?

Glad it is only temporary what a sigh of relief I am breathing.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Ham,

Glad Nigel's doing an upgrade. Been a number of times the site was down for a while recently.

Any clue if the upgrade will allow posting pics from the gallery to X Marks?

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt
    Any clue if the upgrade will allow posting pics from the gallery to X Marks?

Ron
    I have no idea Ron, but I'll get an E-mail off to Nigel with the enquiry. It would be good to be able to do that again, although I have no problem with Photobucket as an alternative 'launch pad'. I still like to think of my Photo Album as being, first and foremost, an album and not a publishing tool!!!

I'll let you know what Nigel has to say.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ham,

Guess I'm just feeling bad since I "make" folks go to the album rather than being able to post a pic right on the message.

I really like the imff gallery though, easy for an old befuddled guy like me to use. Looked a long time for something that would work without all the ads.

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast