X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ian,

Great story! I can just envision the whole process.
    The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

Retired Forum Moderator
    Forum Historian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT: Valley of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Red
    James: If you're wanting to go somewhere HOT, let me recommend Phoenix, Arizona in late June. Just shortly before our monsoon season begins, it's not uncommon to "enjoy" temperatures from 110F (43.3C) to over 115F (46.1C). In fact, it was in late June 1990 when we had the highest tempurature ever recorded in Phoenix - 122F (50C)!!! They had to close the airport that day because commercial airliners weren't certified to fly at that temperature! We're in our 10th year of drought; our 105th consecutive day without rain. Come to the Valley of the Sun - Gateway to Hell!
    I was there -- June 26th, 1990, if I remember correctly -- 122F with 3% humidity! I think I still have the official comemorative t-shirt somewhere at my parent's house! :mrgreen:

Where are you at in PHX, Red? My grandparents used to live accross the street from Metrocenter on 31st Ave, near 35th and Peoria.

Cheers,

Todd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Red
    Come to the Valley of the Sun - Gateway to Hell!
    Tell me about it. I used to live there. Used to work outside in those temperatures, too. You ever get goose bumps when a HOT breeze hits you? It’s weird!
    Kilt won’t help much in that weather, though. ANY amount of clothing is too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunscot
    accross the street from Metrocenter on 31st Ave, near 35th and Peoria.
    Right near one of my old Alma mater, DeVry. Or as they called it “DeapFry”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Name/Initials: Rick Duncan/ RAD
    2. Where do you live: Southwest Montana
    3. How many other places have you lived: 7
    4. How many other places in the world have you visited: countries? 8
    5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? NW coast of Ireland
    6. Name something you like physically about yourself: My large feet (as my father said, "Son, no one will ever be able to say that you don't have a good understanding." And then he'd laugh like H*ll)
    7. Name something non-physical you like about yourself: My ability to listen to others.
    8. How many kilts do you have:9
    9. How many kilts are you planning to acquire on the next year:one or two
    10. What got you started in this in the first place:My ex bought me 6 yards of my clan tartan for Christmas of 1998.
    11. Where was the last time/place you wore your kilt? To work for an "Informal Friday" on a cool day earlier this month (January)
    12. Favorite time to wear a kilt:springtime
    13. Last person who gave your favorable feedback about your kilt wearing: a lass in a bar
    14. Last person who gave your UNfavorable feedback about your kilt wearing:a co-worker
    15. What’s in YOUR sporran? wallet, keys, white handkerchief, pipe band business cards, drum key, usually a small flask with an Islay malt
    16. What do you like to do OTHER THAN wear/talk about/obsess over kilts: read, listen to music, Qi Gong, thump a bodhran wit' an Irish Trad group, talk with folk
    17. Name one thing you have done that others might think a bit insane (like bungee jumping etc): x-country skiing in dead of winter into NE Glacier Nat'l Park from the Canadian side of the border
    18. Say something totally random about yourself:I hadn't thought of that in quite that way, before
    19. What question would you like to answer that hasn’t been included in the list: My favorite Robert Burns poem (our Burns' Nicht is this coming Saturday)
    20. Do you think X Marks the Scot is the best kilt discussion group in the world? There's another?

Macconnachie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Name/Initials: Casey/CCGP
    2. Where do you live: Kanata ON (Now part of Ottawa)
    3. How many other places have you lived: Saskatoon & Winnipeg
    4. How many other places in the world have you visited: Most of Western Canada and Northwestern USA, France, England, Luxemburg, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium and 10 minutes in Switzerland(hope to make it longer this summer)
    5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Nepal & Tibet
    6. Name something you like physically about yourself: I look ten years younger than my age
    7. Name something non-physical you like about yourself: My sense of humour
    8. How many kilts do you have:7
    9. How many kilts are you planning to acquire on the next year:2
    10. What got you started in this in the first place:Bearkilts website
    11. Where was the last time/place you wore your kilt? Christmas at my house
    12. Favorite time to wear a kilt:Any time during non-winter weather
    13. Last person who gave your favorable feedback about your kilt wearing:My Greek guests at Christmas
    14. Last person who gave your UNfavorable feedback about your kilt wearing:So long ago I can't remember.
    15. What’s in YOUR sporran? All the junk I normally carry in my pockets
    16. What do you like to do OTHER THAN wear/talk about/obsess over kilts:Birdwatching, canoeing and playing music. Oh yea, lunch!!!!!
    17. Name one thing you have done that others might think a bit insane (like bungee jumping etc): As sanity is a moving target, someone might think that having a conversation with me is insane.
    18. Say something totally random about yourself:Pass the ice cream, please.
    19. What question would you like to answer that hasn’t been included in the list: Who wrote the book of love?
    20. Do you think X Marks the Scot is the best kilt discussion group in the world? Obvious answer. Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here goes:

1. Name/Initials: Prester John
    2. Where do you live: Louisville, Ohio (near Canton)
    3. How many other places have you lived: several in MI, AK, IL, and OH
    4. How many other places in the world have you visited: none (well, Canada)
    5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Germany, to see the village my family is descended from - Ebingen.
    6. Name something you like physically about yourself: everything works, for now; bearded; short but stout, and in the best shape of my life
    7. Name something non-physical you like about yourself: need more education, I almost worship my wife. I have very little tolerance for nonsense and bullcookies when it comes to faith and spirituality - and there is alot of it being slung around.
    8. How many kilts do you have: 1, so far. Our Christmas gift from the in-laws.
    9. How many kilts are you planning to acquire on the next year:1 more
    10. What got you started in this in the first place: wedding - my wife was denied a scottish wedding, so when her sister got married, me and my boys went kilted in her honor. That was September 2005. I can't get them out of the kilts now. We are preparing for future family weddings in our own tartan now. (Robertson Red)
    11. Where was the last time/place you wore your kilt? last week at home
    12. Favorite time to wear a kilt: when awake. My sons are wearing them to Church regularly now!
    13. Last person who gave your favorable feedback about your kilt wearing: the wife. No one else matters.
    14. Last person who gave your UNfavorable feedback about your kilt wearing: a fellow priest (what a weenie)
    15. What’s in YOUR sporran? what little money I have, keys, wallet
    16. What do you like to do OTHER THAN wear/talk about/obsess over kilts: I like to dispel alot of common misunderstandings about Scripture, Christianity, the Church, or being a man today. I love to train with weights
    17. Name one thing you have done that others might think a bit insane (like bungee jumping etc): when I have had enough feminism, I wear my "Testosterone" Tshirt, and go out and train with my sandbags and kettlebells (big iron balls...with handles). Y'know, man's work.
    18. Say something totally random about yourself: My wife is the most gorgeous creature I've ever even heard of...and she likes ME!!! woo-HOO SCORE! Yes, that is about me!
    19. What question would you like to answer that hasn’t been included in the list: Have you ever pounded the snot out of someone who desperately deserved it?
    20. Do you think X Marks the Scot is the best kilt discussion group in the world? without a doubt. I learn more almost daily here, which is why I recommend it.

cormacmacguardhe is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Name/initials: Rob Cary RSC
    2.Where do you live? A little town in Washington called Maple Falls.
    3.How many other places have you lived? Several. Northern California, in the Redwoods. Spokane, Washington. Southeast Florida. Seattle, Washington.
    4.How many other places in the world have you visited? Canada.
    5.If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? The Isle of Mull in Scotland,(ancestral home.)
    6.Name something you like physically you like about yourself.Full beard, long hair, and kind blue eyes.
    7.Name something non-physical you like aboout yourself. Spiritually journeying, and empathetic.
    8. How many kilts do you have? 1 so far.
    9.How many kilts are you planning to acquire in the next year? As many as I can afford.
    10. What got you started in this in the first place? Looking into my Scottish heritage.
    11. Where was the last time/place you wore your kilt? At home last week.
    12. Favorite time to wear a kilt? Anytime anywhere.
    13. Last person who gave you favorable feedback about your kilt wearing? My wife and my Mother-in-law, both on Christmas.
    14. Last person who gave you Unfavorable feedback about your kilt wearing? Do not know of any so far.
    15. What's in your sporran? Wallet, keys, change.
    16.What do you like to do OTHER THAN wear/talk about/obsess over kilts: Talk about politics/religion, spiritually. Take care of my farm.
    17. Name one thing you have done that others might think abit insane (like bungee jumping ,etc.) In my hippie days, took way too many drugs.
    18. Say something totally random about yourself. I love Grizzly Bears.
    19. What question would you like to answer that has not been included in the list? What is your dream life like?
    20. Do you think X Marks The Scot is the best kilt discussion group in the world? It sure beats the Hell of what comes second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Name/Initials: Jeremiah Bailey/JNB

2. Where do you live: Corpus Christi, Tx then dallas in about 2 years

3. How many other places have you lived: None

4. How many other places in the world have you visited: I went on a cruise that took me to Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, and the Caymans. All my other travel has been in the USA.

5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Well, Japan is high up on my list, and I definately would love to tour Ireland and Scotland. I've always wanted to visit Australia once as well.

6. Name something you like physically about yourself: I am tall and strong.

7. Name something non-physical you like about yourself: I love God.

8. How many kilts do you have: two, not counting the cheap costume kilt I got off of ebay years and years ago.

9. How many kilts are you planning to acquire on the next year: well, definately an SWK and AK, and maybe I can swing a UK as a present some time.

10. What got you started in this in the first place: curiosity

11. Where was the last time/place you wore your kilt? To the pub for a poetry slam a week ago.

12. Favorite time to wear a kilt: around the house

13. Last person who gave your favorable feedback about your kilt wearing: Woman at the pub

14. Last person who gave your UNfavorable feedback about your kilt wearing: Drunk Guys at the pub snickering and staring. I gave them a look that said How would it look if you had the crap beat out of you by a man in a "dress"? *Disclaimer - I would not intentionally start a fight. A look is all it requires and I would not pursue a fight on purpose*

15. What’s in YOUR sporran? : Ummm Capital One? Wallet, Keys, maybe a knife.

16. What do you like to do OTHER THAN wear/talk about/obsess over kilts: I like the martial arts, archery, shooting my AR-15, studying theology.

17. Name one thing you have done that others might think a bit insane (like bungee jumping etc): Street Evangelism

18. Say something totally random about yourself: I believe in Chivalry

19. What question would you like to answer that hasn’t been included in the list: Number of cyborg Space Ninjas defeated while wearing your kilt? 357

20. Do you think X Marks the Scot is the best kilt discussion group in the world? Aye!

Moosehead is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here goes nuthin':

1. Name/Initials: Steve/SPR
    2. Where do you live: PEI, Canada
    3. How many other places have you lived: Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, RAF Kinloss, RAF Chivenor, RAF Syerston, RAF Cranwell...
    4. How many other places in the world have you visited: Too many to list. Where HM's governments told me to go, I went.
    5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Back to Scotland and Ireland
    6. Name something you like physically about yourself: smile
    7. Name something non-physical you like about yourself: deeply held beliefs in honour and duty
    8. How many kilts do you have: just the one.
    9. How many kilts are you planning to acquire on the next year: plan on making at least 4
    10. What got you started in this in the first place: not really sure
    11. Where was the last time/place you wore your kilt? right now at the computer
    12. Favorite time to wear a kilt: out on the town
    13. Last person who gave your favorable feedback about your kilt wearing: the wife says my butt looks great in a kilt
    14. Last person who gave your UNfavorable feedback about your kilt wearing: none...YET. Then again, I'm 6'2" and 190lbs with no fat, so...
    15. What’s in YOUR sporran? wallet and keys
    16. What do you like to do OTHER THAN wear/talk about/obsess over kilts: fly Search & Rescue
    17. Name one thing you have done that others might think a bit insane (like bungee jumping etc): flying at 600 knots, 100 feet off the ground through the Scottish Highlands.
    18. Say something totally random about yourself: Proud to be Métis
    19. What question would you like to answer that hasn’t been included in the list: can't think of just one.
    20. Do you think X Marks the Scot is the best kilt discussion group in the world? seems to be!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast