X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen Mary Games

Since there are many Southern California kilted brethren here...

I will be competing in the Scottish Heavy events on Saturday, Feb 18th at the QM. For those that dont know me, I expect to be in my new SW Nightstalker tartan. Several friends from work who I have gotten into the sport will also be competing with me. (Mens "C" class)

Stop by, say hi, and cheer us on!
    I expect to return on Sunday as well, to watch the Pros compete and also to look in at all the other stuff I'll miss Saturday. I will probably be joining Clan Stachan on Sunday as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna try to make it, but I don't know how much of the heavy events I'll be at. Any idea when you'll be competing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck in the competition.

BTW, In what events do you participate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be competing pretty much all day Saturday. Athelete registration starts at 8:30 I think, so the events probably commence at 9:00. It usually takes all day for the variour events to be run through by all the competitors. I'd say anywhere from 9:00 or 9:30 would be a good time to check on progress, through at least 1:00 PM. Possibly later depending on how many competitors there are and how they have the schedule arranged.

(I dont know how the field is layed out, but since they are running the pros on Sunday, probably there will be little waiting between events. Just moving from one to the next)

I will be competing in all the events offered. I'm not sure if they do sheaf tossing or not, but Open stone, Braemar stone, Weight over Bar, Weight for Distance, Hammer, and Caber for sure.
    I'd like to try backhold wrestling too, but I'm not sure if they will have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got more than a couple of members here in SoCal ...who's going, and what day?

I'm planning on Saturday, but the weather forcast doesn't look good; if it's pouring when I get up, I might wait 'til Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there tomorrow of course, and I expect the weather wont be so bad. Maybe some light rain early, but probably will be clear in the afternoon. I may well be wrong.

I have been assured by the organizers though that "rain or shine, we will be throwing."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be around the Cameron booth, might wear the new Neo.

CT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came, I threw, I am beat.

I did pretty well. I didnt win any individual events but I was near the top in a few and solid mid pack in the rest. Not bad for my first official HG.

I also joined Clan Strachan afterwards, and I expect to be at Pomona for their Games as well. I'll post pictures later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just across the way from Clan Strachan in the black Neokilt, picked up two more Clan Inebriated shirts as well.

CT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man! I missed those?!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast