X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 'kilt day' actually

Check it out. http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/ind...370.xml&coll=9

This is my kind of golf tournament....

I played the Sun Coast Tour for several years, but there was never anything like this. And, dammit, my favorite iron is a 7.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've head of those seven iron tournaments...very "Tin Cup".

I fully intend to play in the kilt this summer...I don't want to hear A WORD about dress codes...most of the courses that I play would have to be kidding to try to enforce a dress code.

Best

AA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cool! A golf tournament that I might actually be competitive in! And I could wear my kilt as well? Heaven. Only disadvantage is the drive to Saginaw...
    The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about golf club dress codes in USA but most British golf clubs allow shorts provided they are knee length and are worn with knee socks ie kilt hose, so logically a kilt should be acceptable.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cessna: doesn't seem to work that way around here. Often when shorts are allowed and are accompanied by golf shoes worn with the "cute little footie socks" thus exposing the entire (presumably tanned or tanning to Bronze God status..something that I can't identify with at all). I guess that the "tanning season" here in Chicago is so short that folks feel that they have to take advantage of every second. I've seen some guys with legs that cry out for trousers...quite loudly, in fact...and the trousers can be quite loud as well. Tasteful restraint in golf togs seems to be the exception rather than the rule in these here parts.

Nevertheless...I have a green polo shirt that'll go very nicely with my USAK Hntng Stwrt casual and plan to wear the dark green kilt hose with that...and I have this - shall we say - rather larger than is necessary Ranger Green tam that I found that is perfect for the sport. If I didn't usually shoot in the low eighties on these little par-three public courses around here, I wouldn't have the nerve to wear the tam but if you got it flaunt it. I stopped taking golf seriously a long time ago so it's more about hanging out with a couple of my buddies when I go out.

First wise-*** who suggests that I play from the ladies' tees will, however, be eating the business end of a sand wedge.

Best

AA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by auld argonian
    Cessna: doesn't seem to work that way around here. Often when shorts are allowed and are accompanied by golf shoes worn with the "cute little footie socks" thus exposing the entire (presumably tanned or tanning to Bronze God status..something that I can't identify with at all). I guess that the "tanning season" here in Chicago is so short that folks feel that they have to take advantage of every second. I've seen some guys with legs that cry out for trousers...quite loudly, in fact...and the trousers can be quite loud as well. Tasteful restraint in golf togs seems to be the exception rather than the rule in these here parts.

Nevertheless...I have a green polo shirt that'll go very nicely with my USAK Hntng Stwrt casual and plan to wear the dark green kilt hose with that...and I have this - shall we say - rather larger than is necessary Ranger Green tam that I found that is perfect for the sport. If I didn't usually shoot in the low eighties on these little par-three public courses around here, I wouldn't have the nerve to wear the tam but if you got it flaunt it. I stopped taking golf seriously a long time ago so it's more about hanging out with a couple of my buddies when I go out.

First wise-*** who suggests that I play from the ladies' tees will, however, be eating the business end of a sand wedge.

Best

AA
    Are you allowed to carry a sand wedge in a 7 iron tournament. I thought it was a kind of one club tournament where you had to use a 7 iron for everything, including putting (never tried with a 7 iron, but I have putted with the sand wedge).
    "A day spent in the fields and woods, or on the water should not count as a day off our allotted number upon this earth."
    Jerry, Kilted Old Fart.