X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Back Home...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back Home...

Well I know my presence has been sparse over the past year, but my job in England is done and I am now back in the US. Currently planning a move to New Hampshire (you've been warned). I missed you all and hope to be back on here regularly again.
    England was wonderful, and the people truly fantastic, I left many friends there and plan a leisure return trip sometime. Scotland was beautiful, the highland breathtaking, and the people charming, though some of the Glasgow chaps were a bit hard to understand, though not nearly as bad as a Jordie accent...is it english?
    Ireland was a dream come true, and in fact truly felt like I was going home. I speak as the first member of my family line to return to Ireland since we left during the famine.
    My only regrets; I only made it to Ireland once. I didn't get into Wales as deep as I wanted, and never made it to the Isle of Mann. And of course that the keg of Theakston didn't fit in my suitcase.
    Even so it is good to be home. So my new job in New Hampshire started (I was actually hoping across the atlantic for a while working in both NH and England) I am a consultant before anyone asks, hence the moving. And I plan to set home base in NH, gotta love no state income tax!!! So welcome to all I haven't met, and glad to see my old friends again.

Cheers
    Slainte

Bishop
    (my name not title for those who don't know)

Retired Forum Adminstrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back, it's good to 'see' you again.

Kilted KT is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back to the states! NH is fantastic, grew up in Mass ( just off cape cod) and spent a week or two every year since the 80's camping on the mass/nh boarder in the berkshires. Most beautiful country scenery I've seen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any photos you can post from your trip would be fantastic. Good to have you back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiltedBishop
    ...Ireland was a dream come true, and in fact truly felt like I was going home. I speak as the first member of my family line to return to Ireland since we left during the famine.

My only regrets; I only made it to Ireland once. I didn't get into Wales as deep as I wanted, and never made it to the Isle of Mann.

Cheers
    Slainte

Bishop
    Man, am I envious. Mrs. Gilmore and I are saving for a visit to the Isle of Man and Ireland , with a side visit to Scotland.

New Hampshire's a wonderful part of the world too though. Must say, you make good choices, Your Holiness.

Thank you,
    Scott Gilmore