X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craigie Sporrans

Hi,

I've been jonesing about their site. Phew! Those are really nice. I even phoned them and spoke a while about their full-mask ones. I'm dreaming of getting a full-mask Badger for formal wear. Does anyone have one of their sporrans? I'd sure like to get some opinions.

Actually, I'm kinda torn between Badger (which is the Laird's historical choice, I guess) or Raccoon which would be a neat American twist...

Sandy
    Nothing is worn under the kilt...everything works just fine!!

Alexander Nicoll Gerli (Sandy)
    Clan MacNicol (MacNeacail)
    Mount Airy, NC, MAYBERRY USA!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might do a search for Craigie on this board.

My only experience was not good, but was for two sporran straps.

Basically, placed the order, was asurred prompt delivery...never got them...one day she called said she lost the order or something...gave her the information again...waited some more....apparently I didn't have just the right attitude when I next inquired...she refused to do business with me....then billed me anyway and sent chains instead of straps...sent those back and said forget it...a few months later the straps showed up....she seemed very disorganized to me and quite volitle.

That was just for straps...no clue about sporrans. I ain't going on that ride ever again.

I'm sure she's a nice lady who makes quality products....but somehow I missed that and got the short end of the deal on all phases of my small order. I got the impression that she made the goods up herself.

Thought there was a place out of Nova Scotia that did those fancy sporrans too.

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day sporrans they make have always been an inspiration for me.

The fur sporrans aren't exactly my cup of tea .However the quality will be top notch.
    In a word beautiful
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two of their sporrans: a black daywear RobRoy that I ordered way to many years ago, and a dress angora formal sporran that I just recently received this past winter. The RobRoy is sturdy and well made, and seen it's fair share of use. The Formal sporran I ordered oversized (slightly), and arrived on time, but with the wrong cantle...no biggie, but worth noting. IIRC, when I spoke with her she mentioned that her husband had made my first order, and I got the impression that he was no longer with us.

Bryan...I still have to get caught up on the new sgain dubh, two new kilts, and the formal sporran in flicker...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ai think full mask sporrans generally luek like roadkill tied roon yur waist...

they's nay fur ma....

if ai ever feel like walkin roon wi a furry full mask ai'll tak mai dug.... :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pour1Malt
    ai think full mask sporrans generally luek like roadkill tied roon yur waist...

they's nay fur ma....

if ai ever feel like walkin roon wi a furry full mask ai'll tak mai dug.... :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree. The only time I wore one was very early on when I did not have an appropriate dress sporran. If you want a very nice dress sporran, take a look at the ones P1M wears. It doesn't get much better than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Good Business

Quote Originally Posted by flyv65
    I have two of their sporrans: a black daywear RobRoy that I ordered way to many years ago, and a dress angora formal sporran that I just recently received this past winter. The RobRoy is sturdy and well made, and seen it's fair share of use. The Formal sporran I ordered oversized (slightly), and arrived on time, but with the wrong cantle...no biggie, but worth noting. IIRC, when I spoke with her she mentioned that her husband had made my first order, and I got the impression that he was no longer with us.

Bryan...I still have to get caught up on the new sgain dubh, two new kilts, and the formal sporran in flicker...
    I have two sporrans from Craigie. Same problem with the cantle. But they are really well made and interesting too.
    Mr. Craigie did die a while ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with P1M and ByDand, I am not typically impressed with the full face amsk sporrans. Some fur is OK, but the full face ones look like you have an animal growing from your parts.
    The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

Southeast of Disorder - across the bay from Ess Eff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have their wildcat sporran, and for the money it's a bit disappointing. The ears are obviously held up with Bondo, and the front panel is skewed from the back panel. I don't like that they use a soft latigo leather for the body, which results in the sporran not holding its shape properly.

It really looks nice at the outset, but the details are lacking. All the Bondo in the head makes it really heavy, and it doesn't really hold anything well - except for maybe a driver's licence and a money clip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weblink for their site? :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast