X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up music fest (Kilt fest in SW Ontario)

Hey everyone

I just wanted to let you know that in our little city of Stratford (Ontario) that there will be a music fest on Sept 8, 9,10 2006 as of right know they have The Tragically Hip for Saterday and with more bands to come. If your in the Southwest Ontario area you should try to make this.
    Last year was a blast they had Finger eleven, Sloan, Our Lady Peace, febe Dobson, barenaked Ladys and alot more bands...

Last year I thought I would be the only one wearing a kilt NOT I saw a few lads with kilts on.

And again this year I will be wearing my Kilt to the music fest....

Here is the site where you can see who is coming, Keep in mind that more bands will sign on to the weekend..

http://www.standingovation.ca/06/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how has the train from Chicago to Toronto (stops or stopped in London and I assume that there would be a connection to Stratford) changed? I heard that they discontinued the through service...although last time I took it they stopped the train in Sarnia and switched from an Amtrak engine to a Canada Rail engine, so whether or not that counted as "through" service, I don't know.

When I've gone to Toronto that way I always wished that I could get off and check out London and then bop oer to Stratford. Would be fun to just train it to London/Stratford and actually have an event to base the trip on.

Best

AA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a train in the morning (i think at 6 am) and one in the evening (I think the last one is 8pm)? you might have to check with via rail....
    cheers