X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kilt Bomb from the OTHER side of the counter

Ron Macdonald is no stranger to kilts. He owns several AK's, PK's, UK's, SK's and even a few traditionals. He also owns a few USAK's. He actually ordered 2 Semi Trads and 4 Casuals within a couple months. I thought he was addicted.

Now I KNOW he's addicted. He just called in another order for 4 more Casuals. I'm a big fan of ordering several kilts (especially if they're from Kelly and me), but THIS IS NUTS! This man NEEDS a support group.

Look out Hamish...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR
    Ron Macdonald…is addicted. This man NEEDS a support group.

Look out Hamish...
    ROTFLMAO! When even your KILTMAKER thinks you're ordering too many kilts at once, you KNOW you're addicted! Go for it, "Hamish West", we're here to support ya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's OUTSTANDING!!!

All I want to know is....

Which tartans??

Oh, and Hey I just thought of something. Ron DOES have a support group, and you're sittin' right smack in the middle of it
    Last edited by Tattoo Bradley; 29th June 06 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know sometimes a multiple kilt order is just a cry for help in disguise :rolleyes:

Southern Breeze is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only cure for extreme kilt addiction is buy more kilts. Ron seems to be recovering quite well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good golly. I am powerless over kilts...

I don't know what happened. As I've said before I followed all the great compliments about USA Kilts for a long time without trying them out. I mean hey, Mangus has a nose ring right...? And that other guy....he's a (gasp) Tazmanian....

But one day, I ordered up a semi-trad to honor a maternal clan. That led to the other orders. Only took that first Thomson semi-trad to tweak in my weirdo body size to the kilt sizing. Have since added the Irish National and Macdonald in semi-trad.

Somewhere along the line the MacLean Hunting casual slipped in there...that puppy sold me on casuals for summer wear here in the heat. So, not wanting to wear the same kilt to work every day I ordered three more...the Bueccleuch (??), Modern Gordon, and Fraser - all clans of mine....well the Beuccleuch is sorta tied in with my lowland Scott line...not getting real picky there, but liked it, even with the small sett.

The thing that finally made the difference was, ironically, the SWK ballistic nylon sporran. A sporran even I can drive. That baby, combined with the USA Kilt Casual is what I've been wearing to work this summer. Used to wear UKs all the time. Finding USA Kilt Casuals work better for my long days (11-13 hours). They're easier to care for. Just blast the few wrinkles out with my little hand steamer deal at the end of the day. They look more business like - dressier. And they're softer, more comfortable for me.

So the last couple weeks I've been shuffling finances and looking at tartans. (Clue, some of the tartans aren't shown on the casual link, but are over on the semi-trad link). My monitor colors are wild so I've scoured Rocky's swatches, gone to the mill swatches, and searched the show me your pics board for you guy's pics.

Finally distilled it down to what I think I need to keep a color balance in my work wardrobe. This is big stuff for me since I'm finally branching away from clan tartans a bit.

Today ordered up the Pride of Scotland one - or is it Scotland's National...whatever that name is...a Ramsay...a Prince of Wales....and a Douglas. I think I got that right from my aged memory banks. Rocky if I ordered different DON'T change the order.

I also like the casuals since my weight runs up and down a 15 lb range and the velcro helps.

And, fellow kilt addicts, my addiction is even worse than this. Earlier this week I ordered a 16 oz Lochcarron strome in a Scott tartan from Kathy Lare of Kathy's Kilts.

That'll be it for a while. Think that's 44 kilts. But I am NOT chasing Ham. I'm only buying what I feel the need to buy for work, to honor my Scott clan, and to feed this high tolerance addiction and avoid the kilt withdrawal syndrome.

Oh...and I'm uh...well....um...waiting on a swatch from Steve at Freedom kilts...thinking about a maroon, blue or gray dress kilt from FK too....may have to let the plastic cool a bit first...

Rocky, take your time and do good work...or give them to Kelly....

Ron
    Last edited by Riverkilt; 29th June 06 at 08:47 PM.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applaud you Ron.

Quick question you stirred here though. You mentioned the velcro in the USA casuals. So, are the casuals worn like a trad kilt (up high on the belly?) Or, are they supposed to be worn on the hips? I'm still trying to decide what I'm gonna order from them.... it's so tough to decide... haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good on you Ron! I can almost wish I was single again so I did not have to pay as much attention to the finances!

TattooBradley, the casuals are meant to be worn where you wear pants, or a similar height.
    The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron,

When I saw Rob (Canuck), I reminded him that you've warned us all about receiving swatches from him. His reply was to show me the new bronze leather RKilt and say "Do you think I should send Ron a swatch?":rolleyes:

Be veerrry careful checking your mail - there're swatches out there with your name on them ...

And for everyone who thinks I'm joking, Rob is so good I started asking to see swatches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey KCW...I ain't just single....I'm old....been gathering loot a while.

And TatBrad KCW's right. I wear mine like pants or Utilikilts, under my Buddha belly. Check out my USAKilt casual pics in my gallery - think on page 3.

Rocky and Kelly do another cool thing I like. They put a belt loop on the far right side of the USAKilt apron. Sorta the same thing that Utilikilt does...no don't know who thought of it first...but I like it a lot. Since there are no straps, it really helps hold the apron in place...a little extra security.

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast