X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michigan RenFest

Just a note for any around the Holly, Michigan area... the Michigan RenFest is a experience in its own right. August 26/27 is the Highland Fling weekend. this year I will be joining some of my band mates from Cabar Feidh Pipes and Drums and Red Thistle Pipes and Drums to be the "house band" for the day.

I'd like to meet any XMARX members if you happen to be in the area. The bands arrive well before opening and we play at the entrance area as well as near by the jousing field off and on during the day. If I knew how to attach a photo of myself I'd do it, but none the less. I am 6' 4" 280+ lbs white hair and full beard. We wear the Modern Wilson kilt. Probably wear our day wear uniforms rather that our summer military. Red Thistle only has day wear. I would assume that pipers and drummers from other bands will be there as well so there will be a varity of tartans.

On top of that, some of the costuming is quite remarkable among the festival goers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention the band (and Me) will be there on Sunday the 27th...They have a Scotch tasting event- usually in the evening along with cigars.

Here's the web site www.michrenfest.com