X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on my xkilt, very happy with everything so far. I just measured after sewing the inner folds of the pleats, and discovered that it was too big. so I walked away, kept reading the manual, kept thinking about it, and went back with the tape measure. I got overzealous with the pleats. I needed 9, I somehow made 10. easy enough to rip one out, but I got pretty happy with the reverse button when I was tacking the pleats down.

I'm having trouble envisioning how to fold the big under apron pleat for the outer apron. any help? tips? visual examples?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keltic, you're essentially going to take the upper 6-7 inches of the left-hand edge of the over-apron and lay it right next to the first edge of pleat #1. That's going to make for a big fold, that will like under the over-apron, huh? You'll stitch it down, there.

Yeah..... that's how you do it! Simple.
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]Order of the Kilted Lebowskis[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][I][SIZE="2"]Formerly Tasteful Aesthete[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Keltic, you're essentially going to take the upper 6-7 inches of the left-hand edge of the over-apron and lay it right next to the first edge of pleat #1. That's going to make for a big fold, that will like under the over-apron, huh? You'll stitch it down, there.

Yeah..... that's how you do it! Simple.
    Alan, thank you. If I line up the waist band it tilts the apron a little. I like the way this is lining up, is it right? And I think I'm sewing horizontally, not vertically (waist to fell). Did I read that right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't line up the waistband in a straight line. There should be a bit of an angle at the junction in question, maybe 15 degrees or so, so that you at the hem, there's maybe 2- 2.5 inches of under apron showing. That angle up at the waistband will help the kilt wrap around the curve of your waist.
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]Order of the Kilted Lebowskis[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"][I][SIZE="2"]Formerly Tasteful Aesthete[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thanks!!

Alan,Just wanted to say thanks for the X-Kilt manual; pleasure to read and it has resulted in a actual kilt. Felt brave so dived straight into a Rev-K as i prefer the look of the pleats. Equal thanks have to go to sydnie7 too. Took me about 9/10 hours in a straight session. Mistakes were made but no tears were shed. Really enjoyed following your manuals so...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425