X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on my xkilt, very happy with everything so far. I just measured after sewing the inner folds of the pleats, and discovered that it was too big. so I walked away, kept reading the manual, kept thinking about it, and went back with the tape measure. I got overzealous with the pleats. I needed 9, I somehow made 10. easy enough to rip one out, but I got pretty happy with the reverse button when I was tacking the pleats down.

I'm having trouble envisioning how to fold the big under apron pleat for the outer apron. any help? tips? visual examples?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keltic, you're essentially going to take the upper 6-7 inches of the left-hand edge of the over-apron and lay it right next to the first edge of pleat #1. That's going to make for a big fold, that will like under the over-apron, huh? You'll stitch it down, there.

Yeah..... that's how you do it! Simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Keltic, you're essentially going to take the upper 6-7 inches of the left-hand edge of the over-apron and lay it right next to the first edge of pleat #1. That's going to make for a big fold, that will like under the over-apron, huh? You'll stitch it down, there.

Yeah..... that's how you do it! Simple.
    Alan, thank you. If I line up the waist band it tilts the apron a little. I like the way this is lining up, is it right? And I think I'm sewing horizontally, not vertically (waist to fell). Did I read that right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't line up the waistband in a straight line. There should be a bit of an angle at the junction in question, maybe 15 degrees or so, so that you at the hem, there's maybe 2- 2.5 inches of under apron showing. That angle up at the waistband will help the kilt wrap around the curve of your waist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thanks!!

Alan,Just wanted to say thanks for the X-Kilt manual; pleasure to read and it has resulted in a actual kilt. Felt brave so dived straight into a Rev-K as i prefer the look of the pleats. Equal thanks have to go to sydnie7 too. Took me about 9/10 hours in a straight session. Mistakes were made but no tears were shed. Really enjoyed following your manuals so...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425