X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new favorite color is...

I recently received my new saffron colored wool kilt from stillwater kilts. I absolutely love this kilt, especially the color. Pictures don't do it justice. Had an oppurtunity to wear it to work today and had several compliments on the color.
    P.S. Sorry for always posting pics in front of our fire place. It's the only place in our apartment that gets good lighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an awesome kilt! I love the Saffron. It's already on my list of kilts to buy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good looking kilt. It goes equally with the black shirt and white hose so should also be perfect with a black shirt/black hose or white shirt/white hose combination.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have wondered about the saffron but was concerned about it being to orange. So many people had been thrilled with it that I just may go for it. Thanks for your pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, very nice. Sooooo flippin' tempting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!
    [B]Paul Murray[/B]
    Kilted in Detroit! Now that's tough.... LOL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye,

A good look. Sad I can't do the SWK deal due to the set length...have approximated saffron with my Utilikilts Caramel Workman's...sort of "Irish jeans."

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted in kleaveland
    I have wondered about the saffron but was concerned about it being to orange. So many people had been thrilled with it that I just may go for it. Thanks for your pics.
    Don't think orange, think terra-cotta. It's a nice, earthy tone. Kinda like the color of the robes the buddhist monks wear - whatever they call it....
    Convener, Georgia Chapter, House of Gordon (Boss H.O.G.)

Where 4 Scotsmen gather there'll usually be a fifth.
    7/5 of the world's population have a difficult time with fractions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the compliments. I've never seen a picture that shows the color very well, in my opinion. It's also very hard to describe. Maybe a burnt brown-orange-gold. It's also my first wool kilt and I'm amazed how cool it was in 90 degree F weather (32 C) despite being very heavy.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Saffron from SWK is certainly a handsome kilt and I am seriously tempted. However, I am a little confused! Perhaps this post should go in the Stillwater Kilts section of the forum but, since the topic is hot........

My understanding is that the traditional Irish saffron kilt is an absolutely plain fabric, but the Stillwater website describes their saffron as having the "hidden tartan" design - which I do not care for. I have long had a hidden tartan kilt in black wool in the Kollection, but I have very seldom worn it.

So does the super saffron kilt we are all seeing and admiring have the hidden tartan weave or not? I should really like to know, before following the temptation!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast