X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    Robertson,

If there is any way I can be there, I will be, but I need to sort out the logistics first as I would probably drive up, and that means overnight stays in each direction, somewhere in middle England, to be thought about.

Then there's accommodation at The Ferintosh, or nearby? How are you fixed in that respect?

aye- ya can certainly book in here...

richt noo we have 5 empty rooms...

David Daglish has already booked the 6th yin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin
    Guess what? I'll be there

ya need yin arr twa tickets?

Cilted Traveler and Minstrel
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elaine and myself will defintely come Rob .. book us in. It will be a great night. We could bring an acoustic guitar and bohran etc as well for a sing song if you like... no prob. Just let us know.
    Ham ... I know your not fussed on long distance driving (and especially maybe at that time of year) but I just checked out the trains for Elaine and myself, so I checked on yours as well (hopes u don't mind ). You can get to Dumfries in between 4/5 hours from Euston. It will take us about the same time from here.
    Iechyd Da
    Derek
    A Proud Welsh Cilt Wearer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pour1Malt
    ya need yin arr twa tickets?

yin....and a room when possible

Michelle: "have fun and be a good boy"
    Last edited by Robin; 20th September 06 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two tickets for for me please!

And I would like to book a room for two at Ferintosh...
    Last edited by porrick; 20th September 06 at 05:56 AM.

Member - X Marks Honor Roll
    Former House Chairman/Forum Advocate

Reston, Virginia, USA (Suburban Washington, DC)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My, my. This is turning into quite the party. For those of us who can't attend in January you'd better take MANY pictures and everyone who attends will have to write an essay afterwards.
    Dee

Ferret ad astra virtus

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    .................................................. .................................Ham ... I know your not fussed on long distance driving (and especially maybe at that time of year) but I just checked out the trains for Elaine and myself, so I checked on yours as well (hopes u don't mind ). You can get to Dumfries in between 4/5 hours from Euston. It will take us about the same time from here.
    Iechyd Da
    Derek
    Derek,

Many thanks for taking the trouble on my behalf. I had briefly thought about trains, and the possible rigours of driving to the north at that time of year, but when I started to think about the 'wardrobe' I would need to take with me (it is a Burns Nicht Dinner after all), I realised how much easier it would be just to lay everything out in the back of the car and drive!

As it happens, I had a call from Derek (DWG69) in Norfolk this morning and we have agreed to travel to Dumfries together, probably sharing the driving as I can easily pick him up enroute. We'll stay at The Ferintosh for two, maybe three, nights sharing a twin room and having time for a little sightseeing too.

Derek spoke with Robertson today and made the booking arrangements!

This is certainly turning out to be the Burns Nicht to end all Burns Nichts - will Dumfries ever be the same again, I ask myself!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pour1Malt
    aye- ya can certainly book in here...

richt noo we have 5 empty rooms...

David Daglish has already booked the 6th yin....

Thanks for that, Robertson - much appreciated.

I know that Derek (DWG69) has spoken with you and made a booking for the two of us to take one of your twin rooms for two or three nights and, of course, for The Dinner.

Looking forward to this one already!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Bob C is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    The beautiful Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys have NO idea how envious I am. Someday, when my kids are grown and I have money, again, I'm headed to Scotland.

For now, I'll have to console myself by chairing the Burns Nicht here.
    Virtus Ad Aethera Tendit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll arrive friday 26th 15:50 Glasgow (Prestwick) and leave monday 29th 12:05 also Glasgow (Prestwick)....flight booked

I noticed the Dumfries railway station is at crawling distance from Ferintosh Guesthouse...is there a good connection to Glasgow airport?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast