X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston Kilt Night

Who's up for Boston kilt night this week Since Rab is in town we could meet at the Cambridge brewing compant say Wednesday night. I'm pretty flexible except for tuesday.
    “Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, taste the fruit, drink the drink, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” H.D. Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be in, if I can swing the timing. Things are busy 'round the house these days, as I'm on the verge of accepting a job offer in New Hampshire, which means we've got a "bleep"load of work to do.

But, Cambridge Brewing? Mmmmmmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know the Jamaica Plain area at all? There's a fantastic pub, James Gate, that would be ideal for a kilt night.

http://www.jamessgate.com/frames.htm

From the website:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Richard,

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to check in to the forum while I was in Boston so missed this suggestion. Maybe next time...........

Rab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston

Rab, No problem. Thanks for the note. I hope you had a blast in Boston/Cambridge. It is a great area. And Kilt Friendly. Did you get out to any good Bars. I figured I would go out to a bar in the area and someone would say "Hey a guy in a kilt There was a guy in here just last week in one Do you know him?" LOL. MIT folks are pretty intersting. Some Years ago I did some work with folks there designing Wearable Computers, Mostly Vests, and such which carry all the electrical components to allow you to do various compiter functions as you are out and about.....Now you can do it all on a cell phone....
    Ahhh...Technology .
    “Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, taste the fruit, drink the drink, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” H.D. Thoreau