X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a late Thanksgiving

Gents, ladies, rogues and rapscallions:

Thanksgiving in the US has cruised right on by us, but I find that it is never too late, or too early, to give thanks for the blessings and good things in our lives, and I'd like to post a late Thanksgiving note of thanks for you guys here.

First off, thanks to Mike and the moderators for all of their hard work in building and keeping this place running. Another thanks goes out to everyone who has helped me to grow and deepen my appreciation for kilts. Without wanting to single people out for fear of leaving out other deserving souls, I still must say a big thank you to Hamish, the legend, for showing us "how it should be done." With his style and his panache, and his kilt kollection, and his ever present smile, Hamish sets the bar mightily high. What an ambassador!

Speaking of panache, a big thanks to Panache, for (among many other things) his posts, now stickied, on dressy kilts, casual kilts, and formal kilt pictures. Also his nifty woodwork.

My goodness, I've started listing people, and I'd best stop before I go too far.

Another thanks goes out to the skilled artisans here, who share so freely of their knowledge and skills. Barb T, Matt Newsome, Steve Ashton, Rocky and Kelly and Alan H for the wonderful X-kilt and . . . well, here I go singling people out again.

Basically, thanks to you all. You have helped me, you continue to help me, and you help each other. That's the way it's supposed to be, and too seldom is.

If it wasn't for this place, I'd probably be running around in a check tablecloth!

Retired Forum Adminstrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cossack View Post
    First off, thanks to Mike and the moderators for all of their hard work in building and keeping this place running.
    Don't forget Highlandtide, because without his vision and his support, none of us would be here at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the Canadian Thanksgiving was in October, but in addition to Kid's post I would like to add a thanks to all the members for making the forum a fun, enjoyable, informative, and interesting place to visit. Everyone of us is a character in our own right and it makes for a great forum having us all around.

Cheers boys and girls! Happy St. Andrew's day (belated).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahem!

Yeah, if I'm going to overlook someone, might as well and aim for the top, eh? Mad props to highlandtide (as the homeys down at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue say). We have all, in our way, contributed to the growth of X Marks the Scot into what it was---yet were it not for highlandtide, we'd never have added anything, for there would have been nothing to add to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it is not too late to jump in, but as a newbie to kilts, I would like to thank everyone on the board for their insight, patience and humor in dealing with us noobs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never too late to give thanks!

Hey, Splash---isn't that the way it's supposed to be? (And all too rarely is, of course, but let's not go there.) I've always tried to remember---hey, I was the new guy once, and I didn't know garbonzo beans from shinola either. As the late Jeff Cooper said, mentoring is the highest level of an art.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly agree with that! I decided to join the forum after lurking for quite a while because of the camaraderie shown here. It is what gave me the courage to wear the kilt to more than just the highland games.