X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

View Poll Results: ONLY if you're ready to commit funds for an Army tartan kilt in PV, please vote.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will order a Casual Kilt in the US Army Tartan

7 46.67%
  • I will order a Semi Traditional Kilt in the US Army Tartan

8 53.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

USA Kilts Order for US Army Tartan

Hey Guys and Gals,

We've kicked the idea around about weaving a military tartan in PV. Based on the response we've gotten and requests we've gotten for the Army tartan, we'll make this deal for those people up here (and those just reading... and the family and friends of those up here... really anyone in general):

IF YOU ARE 100% SERIOUS and HAVE THE MONEY ($110 or so dollars for a casual or $230 or so dollars for a Semi Trad), Please reply to this thread with which style of kilt you'd like in the US Army tartan. Also, if you have a brother or firend NOT on Xmarks and they want one as well and have the $$$, then reply for them. If we can get 15 people PREPARED TO COMMIT by Jan 15 (or sooner), we'll place the order and collect the funds at that point.

If you are NOT 100% READY to spend the money, do NOT reply to this thread. If we have enough orders for the minimum of 130 Meters, we'll have lots of material left over to order kilts later.

If you aren't interested in the US ARMY tartan, please don't reply to this thread. I'm not trying to be rude if it sounds that way. I'm just trying to take a headcount of people willing to shell out the money to get the Army tartan in PV Only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Idea

I know I can count me and my wife in ...a kilt for me and a kilted skirt for my wife as we are both soldiers... Either way after the holidays I plan on ordering a kilt in the ARMY tartan...We plan to wear them to the ARMY Birthday Ball in 2007...I saw one from sport kilt on a friend but the quality just wasn't there...Also I think once I have it and wear it on post ...My Scottish Army buddies would order one....Well anyway 2007 looks like the year I might finally retire been in since June 1983. Worn out alot of boot leather in 24 years. Time to pass the torch...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't want to clutter your thread Rocky, but is this the tartan:

The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dadgumit. I was trying to view how many had voted and inadvertantly voted that I would order a casual. I'm not a 100% committed to that, sorry for the confusion. :-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky:

I'm in for AT LEAST a casual. It's possible I'd switch to a semi-trad, but at the very least I'm in for a casual. Sure, I'm a former Marine talking about the Army tartan, but a) the US Army is the principal fighting force of the US, and the Corps is more specialized, b) it's a pretty tartan, and c) I love your kilts, oh and d) I'm happy to help drive the availability of US military tartans in PV!

Best,

KC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about a flyplaid in the Army Tartan? Let me know what the price would be to add one to the order.
    Since I must get a PV to get the idea of how it stacks up to a wool tank I will happily put it on the plastic now to get it started.

Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would order a "Semi Trad"...but I've never served in the US Army...and would feel as if I was doing a terrible dishonor to those that serve and have served in the military.
    To me..and it's just my opinion...it's like wearing military camo...and being a civilian.

I do feel it is a terrific idea...and I would purchase one for anyone who has served or is Army now.

Just a thought.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Saol fada aqus...rath ort[/FONT]
    "Live long and prosper"

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fly Plaids are not something we advertize that we make, but we CAN make one in PV. Price would be $65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Tartan

I would order a fly plaid in the Army Tartan also....but to RCallan;
    As a soldier with 24 years of service I say you don't have to have served to wear the Army Tartan (it is a universal tartan) Wearing the Army Plaid just shows all that you support America's Warriors and that goes for the USMC (Leatherneck Tartan as well),USN,USCG,and USAF Tartan as well. So If you like it wear it! Show your support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna vote in the poll (at least right now), since I'm trying to see if I can get a KY tartan kilt, but if that falls through, I'm in for a semi trad.

BTW what's the weight of the PV?

Adam

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast