X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

American Heritage

Is that a premiere or a 5 yard? Does Kelly like that one? If not I can probably convince my wife to let me get another 'Rocky hand me down'. I really like it pleated to that stripe.

Keith

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations they are all quite striking, thanks for showing us them. I wish you all the success in the world for these new tartans.

Good on ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Great Looking KILTs

Rocky,
    You have out done yourself ! All of the Tartans look great!! Now my German Side has some tartans to drool over. Especially the German Heritage,
    That is going to be the next on my list of Tanks to get! Definitely going to have to make a trip to PA. To visit and maybe order a Premier from ya!!CR66

I am looking to get Barb to do me a Army Tartan Tank for the ARMY BDAY.
    HERMAN, Adventurer, BBQ guru, student of history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks fantastic!
    James

Templeton sept of Clan Boyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them Rocky. You may have just passed my temptation limit and I'll have to order a kilt soon.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by possingk View Post
    Is that a premiere or a 5 yard? Does Kelly like that one? If not I can probably convince my wife to let me get another 'Rocky hand me down'. I really like it pleated to that stripe.

Keith
    The one I'm wearing in this pic is about a 7 yarder (not a whole lot of material in my initial run to make a full 8 yarder with the 5 yarder I had to make for a customer on XMARKS), done in the "Premier" style to the stripe.

The American Heritage tartan will NOT be a hand-me-down. Since I've lost 20 pounds (with 8 more to go), it's one of 3 or 4 that still fit me! I DO have a couple more that you can check out though... stop by and I'll bring them in for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    The one I'm wearing in this pic is about a 7 yarder (not a whole lot of material in my initial run to make a full 8 yarder with the 5 yarder I had to make for a customer on XMARKS), done in the "Premier" style to the stripe.

The American Heritage tartan will NOT be a hand-me-down. Since I've lost 20 pounds (with 8 more to go), it's one of 3 or 4 that still fit me! I DO have a couple more that you can check out though... stop by and I'll bring them in for you.
    Probably the end of Jan, begining of Feb to order my band kilt at least, hopefully pick up my US Bic tank as well. I will let you know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post

Rocky, those are great tartans. Do you have samples in the shop? Would love to see them in person when I stop in next week. Oh, and how big are those hand me downs? Maybe I can help you find them a new home...
    The kilt concealed a blaster strapped to his thigh. Lazarus Long

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hand me downs will be about a 39 to 40" waist (could get away with 38" to 41"), and a 23.5" length. Not sure which tartans I'll be giving up and which ones I'm keeping yet.

Yes, we have samples in the shop. I have enough of the German Heritage (right now) for a 5 yarder and enough of the German American for a 5 yarder. The American Heritage tartan is out.

I will have 15 Meters of German Heritage (13 Oz) and 15 M of American Heritage (13 oz) by the end of Feb and probably 15 more meters of the German American (16 oz) by the middle of April.

MM will have material in stock by the same times we get ours... if you want to order the kilt from someone else in one of the tartans, have them check with the mill around those times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful tartans, Rocky. I do like the AHT much better than the other American tartans. Cuz i'm a subtle and understated kinda guy.
    Last edited by turpin; 11th January 07 at 12:01 PM. Reason: clarification of object
    Convener, Georgia Chapter, House of Gordon (Boss H.O.G.)

Where 4 Scotsmen gather there'll usually be a fifth.
    7/5 of the world's population have a difficult time with fractions.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast