X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29 Flashes Does Not A Kilt Addict Make

No, no, no, no....I AM NOT ADDICTED TO KILTS....no way...never...

Rather I am a "Kilt Connoisseur," if you please....

Of course some schooled in the field of addiction might point out that just taking the time to count the number of flashes I own is addictive behavior..."insuring the supply."

And, never you mind that kilt #49 a USA Kilts Warrior casual and Kilt #50 a hand sewn Isle of Skye pleated to the sett by Kathy Lare of Kathy's Kilts (only my seventh hand sewn kilt by the way) arrived this week.

A "Kilt Connoisseur" appreciates and savors the full range of kilts from leather (only two so far...Thanks Robert) to knock around SportKilts, to Utilikilts "Scottish Jeans," the now historic Pittsburgh Kilts, lots of camo kilts, from AK, PK, and FK, a Freedom Kilts dress kilt in a most lovely shade of maroon...(why is it my girlfriend sometimes calls me 'a maroon?')...and my collection of 14 USA Kilts is only a reflection of their value and the need for a variety of tartans to wear to work....

I just don't see how the term "Kilt Addict" could possibly apply to me. After all, I only have one kilt on order right now. That's not so bad...its a patriotic kilt after all, just supporting Rocky's initiative...an Army semi-trad with flashes...

Oh no! When that comes in it'll make THIRTY! sets of flashes! Do you suppose THAT is a possible sign of addiction???

Maybe I better count how many pair of kilt hose I own now....you suppose? Maybe better just count the wool kilt hose...leave off the soccer sox...they're not really "kilt hose."

No...I can't possibly be a kilt addict....I only have two of those little knife thingies you stick in your sock...

And, I don't own a wool jacket yet...well okay...there's that one on order from Lochcarron through Kathy....

And, I only have three Scottish/Irish cap thingies....

Nope, I'm not a kilt addict...just a loving kilt connoisseur....

And, yes...will post pics of the new kilts this weekend...

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron, you crack me up. What advice do you give to a budding addict, er, connoisseur?

Mike
    "A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You relize the first step is admiting you have a problem. I don't plan on doing that anytime soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there's no shame if you come to accept that you might be well on your way to becoming a kilt addict. Its a much better addiction than alcohol, which happily I've been free of for more than two years now. Spend money on kilts, hose, flashes, sporrans, and jackets and shirts to match and you have something to look at, wear, and enjoy. Spend the money on booze and its through you and flushed down the toilet within a few hours with nothing to show for it.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Ron everybody needs a hobby.

Collecting kilts is far less expensive than a lot of other activities, like say owning and maintaining British Sports cars (like my Brother-in-law). You have lots of cool things to wear, something to break the ice with the new people that you meet, and you don't spend so much time broken down on country roads.

Cheers
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If buying and wearing kilts is your worst self-distructive behavior, then you should go ahead and enjoy your addic . . . your avocation. Dont' even worry about step 2 and 3; they are superfluous in this case.

The rest of us are envious. I once thought I was something with four or five kilts, but now I have learned I am a piker.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Kilted KT is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    addiction, no.

sounds to me like a man hell-bent on taking Hamish's spot as #1 Kilt collector!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methinks you deny to much

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay...what the heck...can't hurt to count the hose...just an inventory right....

FORTY pair of wool kilt hose? Should get me through the current cold snap..can always staple them together into a blanket of sorts...

and only twenty-eight pair of soccer sox to wear pushed down in the summer heat.

Not so bad.....

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Addiction no OKD Maybe

You are not showing the full range of classic addiction signs you fail to represent a desirnable withdrawl symptom or tollerance to the Kilt requiring you to wear more than one or two a day. with the perpencity for counting your kilt acessories though you may look into possible OKD (Obsessive Kilt Disorder) not that it is a bad thing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast