X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one we really have to wonder about is Hamish. He owns more kilts than most do pants... how does he decide which one to wear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerk View Post
    Chris,

A notable exception, for the most part: those who serve in the military. When wearing a dress uniform obsession isn't a problem, it's manditory. (It's probably why women love those men, too!)
    I don't know about 'obsessing', I guess at one time I might have but putting on a dress uniform was as natural after a few years of service as dressing in fatigues whether it was Class A's, Dress Blues or Dress Whites it was just the uniform of the day for the Army.

Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find myself spending 10 minutes getting the kilt hose just right,then the shoes and then putting on the kilt so I dont have to bend over and I am
    checking on how the kilt is fitting at the waste ,

Yes guys we are more aware of how we look when kilted but we have
    a lot rideing on these outfits and have to up hold all the looks and comments we get.
    so dress and look proud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcorlis View Post
    The only hope is for you to buy a garment steamer to keep your kilts wrinkle free...

arr... buy Scottish handmade kilts...

they ne'er wrinkle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
    On Sunday I worried most of the day if my seams were straight. Monday, it was did I sweep my pleats before sitting down. At a restaurant on Monday night I caught myself checking my pleats in the mirror when I left the men’s room. Last night I told my wife not to worry I had just hand washed my hose and they were hanging up on the shower head, but I would move them in the morning. And last but not least I just finished a post where I was worried about the drape of my apron.

OH MY GOODDDDD I’ve turned in to my sister when she was 15 back in the 60’s. Is there hope/help for me?
    Develop good habits!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob C. View Post
    It's true. Kilts are for men, but they make us act like women.
    When we're getting dressed for a formal function, It takes me longer than it takes her. If we go anywhere in the car, I have her check my pleats when we get out.
    ...like women.
    Huh? Nah. It makes us look like we care
    Go, have fun, don't work at, make it fun! Kilt them, for they know not, what they wear. Where am I now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it seems all kilt wearers have the same trait, taking much more care over our appearances, combing hair, making sure sporran and belt buckle line up, hose are at exact same height and have same length of turndown, etc.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerk View Post
    Keep at it and you'll soon attain that "graceful, manly elegance" demonstrated by so many here. (Hey! Stop snickering! You know who you are. )
    Well, I'll attain that about the same time pigs learn to fly. I'm shooting for "slightly less ungainly."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
    On Sunday I worried most of the day if my seams were straight. Monday, it was did I sweep my pleats before sitting down. At a restaurant on Monday night I caught myself checking my pleats in the mirror when I left the men’s room. Last night I told my wife not to worry I had just hand washed my hose and they were hanging up on the shower head, but I would move them in the morning. And last but not least I just finished a post where I was worried about the drape of my apron.

OH MY GOODDDDD I’ve turned in to my sister when she was 15 back in the 60’s. Is there hope/help for me?

I just had to bring this back up because it reminds me of my first few times wearing a kilt.
    Some of the responces had me rolling in the floor laughing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what a long year this has been. I'm not sure if I am totally comfortable but I am a lot less uncomfortable in a kilt. I think the only thing I can do is buy some more kilts and wear them more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Skene View Post
    You are just geting used to wearing a type of garment you have never been used to before. You'll be fine.

BTW I take longer to get dressed than my wife
    Last Saturday night before the Burns Supper, it took me 1 solid hour to get dressed in tuxedo shirt, prince chalie, plaid, etc.. Heck, it took me 15 minutes just to tie my friggin bow tie!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast