X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOKS Scottish Rite Club - Hamilton

We have been cordually invited by RevKjb to and evening at the Scottish Rite club;
    Quote Originally Posted by RevKjb View Post
    I'm a member of the Scottish Rite Club..so I can host you for dinner (I think it's around $20, a tour and then an evening in the library for drinks. Can't guarantee I'd head to Hess St. But... A suggest date for this gathering would be March 29...dinner @ 6pm, then a tour of the club and the Scottish Rite Cathedral, then drinks...what say ye?

Kevin.:
    Sounds to be a very enjoyable evening. Thus far MacHummel, Improv1 and myself are more than interested. Please post on this thread those interested. for those in the American chapter of SOKS Hamilton is less than an hour away from Niagara Falls just follow the QEW then get off less than an hour later. I will post a map and directions here later. Here is a link to Scottish Rite Club

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense to the Queen's Head, but Hamilton is oh-so-much more accessible for me. I hope our Niagara area friends would make it out for this. The Rite is such a beautiful building. Lots of history there. And curry within walking distance! (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more!)
    "Durum Patientia Frango" (By patience I break what is hard) Clan Muir Muir motto
    "Do well, and let them say - Gordon!"
    "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" My hero, Groucho Marx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Improv1 View Post
    (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more!)
    Oh we will be behaving here. And yes it is a beautiful building I've seen a few times and admired it. I have often slagged "Steeltown" as I live next door, but they do have such fantastic architecture. I guess McMurdo is going to have "car problems" on Friday and might be a little late for work but am sure he won't miss another chance of wearing his pc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are we to assume that this is a dressy occassion I love to dress up oh boy I 'm excited
    MacHummel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok we can make it a not so dressy night I've always want to go to the Scottish Rite . This gonna be awesome.
    MacHummel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gents,

The only dress requirement of the club, is that you are dressed! I'll need to send in a firm # to the Club by the 26th of March, it will also determine which room we eat in. A more intimate # will be in the main dining room, a larger number will be in the "off the main dining room". So, I think I've counted 5 or 6 of us to date...I'll keep track and let the SR folks know.

I think dressy is nice, but for those who can't, come "as you are"!

K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of purchasing a kilt, I've got to recommend MacHummel and his work at Canadian Casual Kilts. Mine was ready in 5 days after ordering and is a magnificent piece of work. My wife and I have dinner parties every Sunday, and except that I don't have a proper belt yet, the kilt has been a hit every week since I've owned it. Black Stewart is a fine tartan that I have used formally and informally. Check out www.canadiancasualkilts.com.
    K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RevKjb View Post
    Gents,
    So, I think I've counted 5 or 6 of us to date...I'll keep track and let the SR folks know.
    K.
    RevK, I think so far there is just the 4 of us firmed up unless you've been contacted by other means. I shall add this to the calendar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I read the post, and think...hey, that's tonight. I'm already going out with my wife tonight. I can't go. How did I miss this? Then, my old brain started to work. It's not March, yet! March 29, is a Thursday, and if so, I'll be there, too. Let us know if it's casual, semi-formal, or formal.

If there are any SOKS coming by Niagara Falls on the QEW, stop in at my place, and I'll drive from here.

http://www.scottishriteclub.ca/

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&...l=en&tab=wl&q=
    Last edited by scoutniagara; 28th February 07 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added URL links

mcpelle is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question for REVKJB Is march 29 a boys night out only or the Mrs welcome as well?
    McPelle

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast