X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Free Macdonald kilt... Any takers?

Mods, put this in here rather than for sale because it's a free offer, but if you'd like me to move it that's just fine.

I have this Macdonald modern dress kilt in a 32" waist.
    I've gone up to a 36 in the past few months after being ill, so it doesn't fit very well now, but I love the tartan and would like it to go to a good home, so to speak. It's going for free and I'll even pay shipping to whoever decides to take it.
    It was a cheap polywool blend kilt I go a few years ago, 2 buckles but comes with a spare that you can add on yourself if you want. Quite lightweight, but nice all the same and with good pleating at the back. (Having taken a similar one apart recently, I can say it's about 7 yards.)
    It's a 21" drop but could be taken up fairly easily if need be.
    It's a macdonald Modern dress, but the checking on it is so large that it appears more blue than usual, so it's quite interesting.
    This is me in the kilt.

Just reply here or send me a PM if you want it.
    Last edited by Arlen; 11th March 07 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    I have this Macdonald modern dress kilt in a 32" waist.
    I've gone up to a 36 in the past few months after being ill, so it doesn't fit very well now,
    Dude, if you gained 4" due to illness ther a good chance that you could lose that in a short time indeed - keep the kilt. If you gained that from beer, hell that's here to stay, welcome to married bliss - flog the kilt.

I can advise this as I'm a 36, if it did fit I snap it up regardless of my above response!

Kilted KT is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wish I were a little bit smaller...or that kilt were a bit larger...it would look great in my collection!

that is the first time I've heard of gaining weight due to illness...did you catch wild haggis fever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilted KT View Post
    wish I were a little bit smaller...or that kilt were a bit larger...it would look great in my collection!
    Well he is size 36 now...
    Works for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccga3359 View Post
    Dude, if you gained 4" due to illness ther a good chance that you could lose that in a short time indeed - keep the kilt. If you gained that from beer, hell that's here to stay, welcome to married bliss - flog the kilt.

I can advise this as I'm a 36, if it did fit I snap it up regardless of my above response!
    Unfortunately I've lost a bunch of weight, but the lose skin is here to stay for at least a few years unless I can get lip suction.
    Hopefully given time I'll slim back down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is the first time I've heard of gaining weight due to illness...did you catch wild haggis fever?[/QUOTE]
    I had a lot of kidney and liver problems so I was hungry a lot but didn't really have the energy to excersise. The result was a lot of weight around the stomach and hips.
    I've lsot a lot of it now, but there's still a lot of lose skin that will take a few years to spring back into shape.

NewKilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arlen,

That is most gracious of you to be willing to give that kilt up for free. I'm sorry to here about your illness. I know what it like because I'm been on total disability for the last two years. I wish you all the best, and hope everything works out well for you.

Darrell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arlen,
    If the 32" is on the tightest notch then it may work for me if worn on the hips, and then the drop would also work. PM if you get no takers and we can work something out, can't have you pay shipping if you're already giving the kilt away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are still willing to part with the kilt, I know a young man who would be very proud to own one. He is on my wrestling team, and it would fit him well. He does not have a kilt, but certainly would like one.

I will pay shipping for such a generous offer. Please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to get a non-kilted person kilted, I'll withdraw to allow Norbydog the opportunity. Thank you Arlen for your generosity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast