X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some years ago now, before I was wearing kilts and visiting X marks, I was gazing out of the kitchen window - which faces south west towards the waters of Poole harbour and the Purbeck hills beyond - though they are not visible from the ground floor due to the trees.

It was dark, and I looked out at the moonlit garden. As I recall I had some Vivaldi playing at the time.

Slowly a great orange airship, brightly lit from inside, rose into view over the apple trees, climbing to attain sufficent altitude to cross the ridge my house stands upon.

Eventually it moved right over the roof of the house and vanished away to the north east.

I have for some time now suspected that the shock of its appearance has in some way affected me - could the whole of X marks the Scot be a symptom of some version of post traumatic stress disorder?

The concept of X marks is so perfectly in accord with my requirements of an ideal forum that the idea of it being a figment of my imagination and all an illusion is only of concern in case I should inadvertantly do anything which would get me cured of it.
    I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Some years ago now, before I was wearing kilts and visiting X marks, I was gazing out of the kitchen window - which faces south west towards the waters of Poole harbour and the Purbeck hills beyond - though they are not visible from the ground floor due to the trees.

It was dark, and I looked out at the moonlit garden. As I recall I had some Vivaldi playing at the time.

Slowly a great orange airship, brightly lit from inside, rose into view over the apple trees, climbing to attain sufficent altitude to cross the ridge my house stands upon.

Eventually it moved right over the roof of the house and vanished away to the north east.

I have for some time now suspected that the shock of its appearance has in some way affected me - could the whole of X marks the Scot be a symptom of some version of post traumatic stress disorder?

The concept of X marks is so perfectly in accord with my requirements of an ideal forum that the idea of it being a figment of my imagination and all an illusion is only of concern in case I should inadvertantly do anything which would get me cured of it.
    Okay, somebody's gotten into the cooking sherry...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must have been looking for Acryli-Beasts in Shell Bay!
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooking sherry!!!

Oh no - I keep a bottle of Lamb's Navy rum on the shelf - for medicinal purposes, of course, such as the shock of having extremely orange glowing dirigibibibles appearing unexpectedly.

Shell bay is far too warm for Acryli-beasts, even in winter. The mild maritime climate means that we do not have snow.

It could, I suppose, have been on the lookout for the famous New Forest swimming deer which are seen from time to time in the waters of the Solent and associated harbours and rivers.
    I presume to dictate to no man what he shall eat or drink or wherewithal he shall be clothed."
    -- The Hon. Stuart Ruaidri Erskine, The Kilt & How to Wear It, 1901.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel Mender View Post
    Let me add my thanks to those of ME. Beedee!!!!!!!! I was suffering horribly from the ersatz brown mung that was represented to be coffe......gotta run cup empty and it is 4 feet to the spigot

Mr. Mender
    shameless bump so I can find this tale again without an arduous search

Weaselith:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel Mender View Post
    shameless bump so I can find this tale again without an arduous search

Weaselith:
    During the recent reorganisation modesty prevented my suggesting that there should be a separate section for the story telling side of the off topical region - of course other people could do so, even if I could not possibly...

Anne the Pleater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another shameless bump, since I referred to this thread in another post!

Be well,

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829