X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like some info about this

I love these forums, the folks here are outstanding. In the short time I have been here I have learned quite a bit about kilts and history, had lots of laughs, and feel as though I am a member of a second clan. It so does a person good to associate with others who have common interests.

To that end, I'd like to make some sort of contribution. I plan on taking part in the next run of xmarks tartan and, hopefully, have a kilt made from it. Until then, is there some other way we are able to make a contribution (monetary or other) to these forums? I realise simply participating is a large contribution in itself, but this is one rare instance in which I feel the benefits justify a larger contribution.

Congrats folks, it's not often I find something on the internet worthy of my hard-earned money (other than kilts). Yes, I'm a cheap old fart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    int:How about a hefty donation to the "Ozman Bahamas Retirement/Build me a Palace Fund"
    Or the "Build up Ozman Kilting Bank Account"? Very worthy charities to be sure.

(Back off fellahs, I saw him first!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest way I can think of to support the board is to make sure you feed your addiction via the advertising links at the top of the page. That way, everyone wins!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Easiest way I can think of to support the board is to make sure you feed your addiction via the advertising links at the top of the page. That way, everyone wins!
    Done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the sentiments ardchoille. The best way to contribute is to be a great addition to the forum. Our members are what makes the forum great and not just another internet chat room for 5-6 people. We do have more rules and moderation that other sites, but those rules are pretty standard and they have helped keep this forum the level ground that we all enjoy.

Just a point of clarity though. The Xmarks pins, tartans, etc are done for the members by the members. These things are arranged for you guys and gals and the site and staff see no profit from it. Wear these items with pride and know that you are all member sof the web's best, biggest, and fastest growing kilt community. You are also among some of the best people on the web

Thanks for being part of Xmarksthescot.com