X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and guess who got a pink kilt on Saturday night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a wet time was had by all. I was just wondering did you hold it in a Container Dock...
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Centerville District, Fremont, California, USA, 3rd Rock
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCBC location...

Hamish and FS-

The Devil's Canyon Brewing Company is an ...interesting... place to say the least. It is in an industrial park and as such it is only open on the last Friday of the month to the public. It is not a full time pub as such but rather a brewery with a little extra space to hold a once a month event.

It has to be experienced to really appreciate it.

Ray
    Last edited by bunchdescendant; 27th January 08 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Edit for typo's
    "There's no such thing as magical ponies!"
    Statement made by pink winged pony
    with crossed axes tattooed on her rump

Centerville District, Fremont, California, USA, 3rd Rock
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michael steinrok View Post
    Yeah and guess who got a pink kilt on Saturday night?

Aargh! The kilt! My eyes! I'm blinded.....

LOL!

Ray
    "There's no such thing as magical ponies!"
    Statement made by pink winged pony
    with crossed axes tattooed on her rump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bunchdescendant View Post
    Aargh! The kilt! My eyes! I'm blinded.....

LOL!

Ray
    Looks like fun was had by all even the tired kids, but where are you gon'a hide with a pink camo kilt?

MrBill
    Very Sir Lord MrBill the Essential of Happy Bottomshire
    Listen to kpcw.org

Every other Saturday 1-4 PM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see the Devils Canyon Brewery online here:

http://www.devilscanyonbrewery.com

the URL is rather intuitive. This is not a "Brew Pub". It's a working microbrewery, industrial-strength. there's no "club", they pull out some wierd seating at 3:00 on Friday, and all the fun takes place on their asphalt driveway, and inside the loading area. We're surrounded by storage and stainless steel or copper brewing tanks.

It's very informal, but it's the best party in town, last friday of every month.

I got stuck at work with two dead UPS's....no backup power to two racks of servers and had to stay really late. *grrrrr*

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bunchdescendant View Post
    Hamish and FS-

The Devil's Canyon Brewing Company is an ...interesting... place to say the least. It is in an industrial park and as such it is only open on the last Friday of the month to the public. It is not a full time pub as such but rather a brewery with a little extra space to hold a once a month event.

It has to be experienced to really appreciate it.

Ray
    Many thanks for that, Ray. For some time the backgrounds in the Kilts Nights photos have worried me, but now all is made clear. If I get to SF this coming October/November, I'll try to make sure I am around for the last Friday of October!!!!

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    You can see the Devils Canyon Brewery online here:

http://www.devilscanyonbrewery.com

the URL is rather intuitive. This is not a "Brew Pub". It's a working microbrewery, industrial-strength. there's no "club", they pull out some wierd seating at 3:00 on Friday, and all the fun takes place on their asphalt driveway, and inside the loading area. We're surrounded by storage and stainless steel or copper brewing tanks.

It's very informal, but it's the best party in town, last friday of every month.

I got stuck at work with two dead UPS's....no backup power to two racks of servers and had to stay really late. *grrrrr*
    Wow! That is a brewery and a half, and what a great PRO they must have! Many thanks, Alan, for the link.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks All for the very warm (although perhaps a bit wet) welcome!

Farlander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post

Farlander joined XMTS yesterday and I sent him a PM with details about our monthly kilt nights. He threw on his drover coat over his new Stillwater Nightstalker kilt and headed out to join us! By chance I had met his wife who is a park ranger at a Santa Cruz State beach back in November. She had talked about her husband wanting a kilt and I had mentioned both Stillwater Kilts and XMTS. Lo and behold here he is a member of the rabble!

Welcome to XMTS Farlander!

Jamie
    Thanks Panache for introducing me to some fellow kilties!

Now for the rest of the story. Panache did meet my wife at Seacliff State Beach. When he entered the visitor center, one of the docents went in back to tell my wife that a man in a kilt had just entered. She was really quite surprised that her husband had come to visit her (I was in fact not scheduled to be in town at all). Well, lo and behold, the wacko in a kilt for once was not her husband at all!

What a fortuitous meeting! Panache was wearing a fine Stillwater kilt that she much admired. So, here I am now with my own Stillwater. Even better yet, I have now met some very fine fellow kilt minded friends!

Farlander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12