X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weather in Chicago is great today...well into the 50's F....and the shorts and the flip-flops are already coming out. In the short drive from here to the poodle clipper's and the mall, I must have seen a good two dozen plus people out in their shorts and flip-flops...it's like they carry them around in their car trunks (boots for our UK friends) and dive in and change clothing when the temps go over reezing.

Why do I bring this up? Because the St. Patrick's Day Parade downtown is tomorrow (beware the Ides of March!) and they predict a serious drop in the temperature and these people will be there and theywill still be wearing their damn shorts and flip-flops!

Yet if you wear a kilt, these are the same people who'll be cracking jokes and asking "aren't you cold?".

Amateurs!

Best

AA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am sporting the Kilt all weekend long!
    His Noble Excellency Ryan the Innocent of Waldenshire under Throcket
    Free Your Legs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by auld argonian View Post
    The weather in Chicago is great today...well into the 50's F....and the shorts and the flip-flops are already coming out. In the short drive from here to the poodle clipper's and the mall, I must have seen a good two dozen plus people out in their shorts and flip-flops...it's like they carry them around in their car trunks (boots for our UK friends) and dive in and change clothing when the temps go over reezing.

Why do I bring this up? Because the St. Patrick's Day Parade downtown is tomorrow (beware the Ides of March!) and they predict a serious drop in the temperature and these people will be there and theywill still be wearing their damn shorts and flip-flops!

Yet if you wear a kilt, these are the same people who'll be cracking jokes and asking "aren't you cold?".

Amateurs!

Best

AA

Ha ha! I'm laughing. It's been very nice weather out here in the desert, except it just started getting very windy this afternoon, and I have even worn my nicer sandals with myBZK.

This week is my families personal celebration of Scottish and Irish heritage timed to also end on the 17th. I have been wearing jeans and kilts... I don't have any wool pants... but I want some now... wool shorts? It's all good.

Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend, and a happy celebration.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well everybody, it's too late now. I went and wore it. In fact, at one point or another, I had on each of my kilts today. I also had on jeans, so I guess I covered everything. This afternoon, My mother and I had cornbeef and cabbage prepared with rashers at a quiet dinner that had a fifties feel to it. My mother says Ireland reminded her a little of the fifties during the nineties.
    So that is how I celebrated my mixed Scottish/Irish/and all the rest heritage on this day. A very enjoyable day.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a snowy morning, a lovely 35F, I wore my Stillwater Nightstalker, with a clover ersatz kilt pin.

There was much rejoicing. Although I think I freaked out some young urban youth outside my local Y.
    [B]Barnett[/B] (House, no clan) -- Motto [i]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/i] (Courage Flourishes at a Wound)
    [B]Livingston(e)[/B] (Ancestral family allied with) -- Motto [i]Se je puis[/i] (If I can)
    [B]Anderson[/B] (married into) -- Motto [i]Stand Sure
    [/i][b]Frame[/b] Lanarkshire in the fifteenth century
    [url="http://www.xmarksthescot.com/photoplog/index.php?u=3478"]escher-Photoplog[/url]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big St. Patrick's day party last night at Jack of the Wood pub here in Asheville. Five of the local area's best Celtic musicians played three one-hour sets and they were great. There were four kilts in attendance, including my son MadBagpiper who played his pipes between the band's sets. His playing was terrific, and the crowd loved him.

There were many positive comments on the kilts. I passed out several X-Marks cards and hopefully made at least one "convert" who "always wanted a kilt and now I think I'll take the plunge."
    Kilted Teacher and Wilderness Ranger and proud member of Clan Donald, USA
    Happy patron of Jack of the Wood Celtic Pub and Highland Brewery in beautiful, walkable, and very kilt-friendly Asheville, NC.
    New home of Sierra Nevada AND New Belgium breweries!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920