X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to keep an open mind on the new photo forum, unfortunately have had no success in posting photos on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping that there will be an addition to the FAQ at some point. I'm a little afraid to try anything.
    Last edited by Bugbear; 6th March 08 at 07:41 PM.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go ahead an try something Ted.
    If you break it go hide in the bushes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we still post photos to other rooms for discussion? Not are we able to technically, I see that's possible, but 'Here's X, let's talk about it'.
    An uair a théid an gobhainn air bhathal 'se is feàrr a bhi réidh ris.
    (When the smith gets wildly excited, 'tis best to agree with him.)

Kiltio Ergo Sum.
    I Kilt, therefore I am. -McClef

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only had a quick look so far but although it refers to comments I cannot see a facility for making them and it would also appear to drastically reduce the picture size which will have an effect on visible detail.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I managed to get a picture up no problems and you can click on the picture and get it at higher resolution too.

But still no facility for making comments that I can find.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Retired Forum Adminstrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're working on it guys. We're working on it.

We needed to get the script opened up so we could sort the problems out of it. It's not perfect and some areas need tuned up. We're working on it.

I just ask everyone to be patient with us. I loaned my magic wand out for the weekend and Hank seems to have lost his, so we're working as mere mortals for the time being.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt it's a massive task Mike and all new things require fine tuning.

Yes I guess we are all naturally resistant to new things and we expect new things to be perfect and super duper from the outset and start grousing immediately.

It looks like there is a lot of potential and with fine tuning a lot of concerns will be addressed.

So let's be patient and if we raise problems make them simply factual without moaning or bitching so they can go on to what is no doubt a long to do list to be addressed.

James MacMillan is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember folks - we're just users, not controllers!

As with anything new there is resistance.

But it would have been nice to have some warning - or discussion about what is/was happening. But this is a dictatorship, so we'll have to accept it, or go somewhere else.

For me, one of the strengths of the photo section were the comments that people could make. I also greatly enjoyed the pictures that people posted.

The new section doesn't seem to have the same things.

I guess I will wait for a few days to see how things shake out. But like I said, it would have been nice to have had some discussion about the changes before they were enacted.

With discussion, we would have thought that we had some small part in the new section. The changes seem to have been made to address problems that bothered the Mods, but didn't seem to bother the members much. -And making changes to address some problems, have raised other problems.

That is why it takes software designers so long to field the products, and also why beta things were started.

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be nice (and as a suggestion/ not a complaint to the MODs) is if there were some additional catagories for posting photos in, (examples):

Travelogues (for the much beloved travel essays)

Historical Kilties (the kilt in history - paintings/photographs)

Highland Games /Celtic Events

...what does everyone think?
    Other suggestions?
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast